Web Squad ISP

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
International is fscked for me. Whats going!

Don't know, but I'm busy watching a twitch stream at 160p to keep it from buffering lol... Guess there is a cable outage somewhere!
Whoops, gremlins don't want me to have a friday. Transit sessions re-established and everything is back to normal. Chatting to vendors for an RFO. Please confirm your end?

Looney

Expert Member
Whoops, gremlins don't want me to have a friday. Transit sessions re-established and everything is back to normal. Chatting to vendors for an RFO. Please confirm your end?
Well the speeds are back to normal but what’s up with my ping? Should be much lower. What’s up with that dude?

DarkSt0rm

RIP Friday, but thanks for caring enough to get it sorted. Pings are still a bit high, but I'm back at 1080p thank the good lord. I don't want to look at 160p ever again....

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
RIP Friday, but thanks for caring enough to get it sorted. Pings are still a bit high, but I'm back at 1080p thank the good lord. I don't want to look at 160p ever again....
No problem! Glad it's back up to scratch.

Same here - pings to USA are all messed up - same to UK.
Well the speeds are back to normal but what’s up with my ping? Should be much lower. What’s up with that dude?

Can you send me an MTR to a server or two?

Napalm

Expert Member
I'm looking for Fibre ISP that has nice speed and super low latency for gaming. (league of legends, Diablo,CSGO etc.)

Napalm

Expert Member
League server is EU based .

on ADSL i get around 180ms to 200ms on average. (most of the times around the 185ms mark)
Give me some servers to test to. Or run your own tests from our looking glass: lg.as328137.net

Napalm

Expert Member
I'm in CPT. Bellville area. on that portal. Would the latency/ping be the same if your on a 20mbit line vs 100mbit vs 200mbit link? or maybe 1000mbit link

What region are you in? (GP, KZN, WC or other?)

Last edited:

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
I'm in CPT. Bellville area. on that portal. Would the latency/ping be the same if your on a 20mbit line vs 100mbit vs 200mbit link? or maybe 1000mbit link
Evening! The lookingglass has been updated to provide slightly more accurate results. Try again; select the capetown.as328137.net tab at the top.

Latency will always be the same, irrespective of the speed you select. Add about 3ms to the results from the Looking Glass to allow for the Vumatel backhaul network and last mile.

Napalm

Expert Member
Shows about 147ms. As you said. add 3ms or so to result. so less than 155ms is what i could expect?

I'm in bellville area. they busy trenching here by me. They already dug up all the sidewalks , installed a little box in front my yard (little grey box, infront of my security gates).

They've done most streets in my area. think there might be one or two street left (of the 8 or 9 for my area)

Evening! The lookingglass has been updated to provide slightly more accurate results. Try again; select the capetown.as328137.net tab at the top.

Latency will always be the same, irrespective of the speed you select. Add about 3ms to the results from the Looking Glass to allow for the Vumatel backhaul network and last mile.

Cowboy619

Shows about 147ms. As you said. add 3ms or so to result. so less than 155ms is what i could expect?

I'm in bellville area. they busy trenching here by me. They already dug up all the sidewalks , installed a little box in front my yard (little grey box, infront of my security gates).

They've done most streets in my area. think there might be one or two street left (of the 8 or 9 for my area)
Another month or two and you should be up and running