Web Squad ISP

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Shows about 147ms. As you said. add 3ms or so to result. so less than 155ms is what i could expect?

I'm in bellville area. they busy trenching here by me. They already dug up all the sidewalks , installed a little box in front my yard (little grey box, infront of my security gates).

They've done most streets in my area. think there might be one or two street left (of the 8 or 9 for my area)
Yup. you'll see <155ms.

If the box is on the wall, there's still quite a bit of work in terms of splicing, street cabs and pop establishment. I'd say @Cowboy619's on the mark with 4-8 weeks.

Cowboy619

Yup. you'll see <155ms.

If the box is on the wall, there's still quite a bit of work in terms of splicing, street cabs and pop establishment. I'd say @Cowboy619's on the mark with 4-8 weeks.
Yip. Took our area around that time. Got my Fibre installed on Friday at 11am and Websquad got me activated at 11:30am. No slowdowns and issues, Great weekend with Fibre

DarkSt0rm

Yup. you'll see <155ms.

Hate to be that guy, but I've never seen anything below 166 for league... Average is around mid 170...

And I know it's not just me. Other guys who posted in that lol ping thread had similar pings on WS.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Hate to be that guy, but I've never seen anything below 166 for league... Average is around mid 170...

And I know it's not just me. Other guys who posted in that lol ping thread had similar pings on WS.
You're JHB if I remember correctly? CPT users are a little closer to WACS than we are

Napalm

Expert Member
I was looking around for a good 200mbit or 500mbit package... then seen this 1000mbit lite package. Whats the deal with the 1000mbit lite package thats also 100mbit upload?
I see it's throttled mostly to 200mbit for steam/valve and torrents etc. Ruffly the same price as the 200mbit package except the upload is halfed.

waylander

Expert Member
I was looking around for a good 200mbit or 500mbit package... then seen this 1000mbit lite package. Whats the deal with the 1000mbit lite package thats also 100mbit upload?
I see it's throttled mostly to 200mbit for steam/valve and torrents etc. Ruffly the same price as the 200mbit package except the upload is halfed.
I get gigabit to Steam, Origin, YouTube, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive and 300-500 to PSN. Well worth it. I don't upload much to care about a 100Mbit upload limit.

abudabi

Expert Member
Just remember this is more than the 100 (or 200.. I can't recall) international for now cause there is excess capacity that WS is giving everyone. I'm assuming once more poeple come on board that will go back down to advertised levels.

So enjoy it while it lasts but don't cry foul when it drops.

SpiderGear

Just remember this is more than the 100 (or 200.. I can't recall) international for now cause there is excess capacity that WS is giving everyone. I'm assuming once more poeple come on board that will go back down to advertised levels.

So enjoy it while it lasts but don't cry foul when it drops.
I've NEVER seen anything more than 100 on international. I get full 1000 on local but international has always been 100 or less.

Sopbeen

I've sent you a PM; but short answer is No. Not until it's ready to deliver properly and has more Tier 1 peering exposure.
Aw man, would be great if they could get that up... Improved latency to east coast USA would suit me juuuuuuust fine :D

If you have any rough ETA to share that would be great...