Web Squad ISP

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Back to 'normal' now
Vox UK

AT&T New York

Coreix is still a bit slow, but most other things are 'fine'
Morning. Quick update here - we picked up on major route issues throughout Europe yesterday, particularly on West to East routes originating in London heading through Dubai to Asia. North to South routes from London via West Africa seem to have also been affected, which saw traffic being re-routed along East Africa (which is always meh and induces terrible latency). We did try to make some adjustments on our end across our different providers, but it seems the EU issue was over-powering, with packet loss cropping up in the next hop from London throughout. I've requested an RFO from our vendors to ensure they're pushing for resolutions in this regard

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
International is rubbish. What’s going on here???

Just rolled back some of the creative trickery we needed to get the best possible performance out of yesterday's problems. Should be back to normal here.

Looney

Expert Member
Just rolled back some of the creative trickery we needed to get the best possible performance out of yesterday's problems. Should be back to normal here.
Well thank you very much! Let’s keep it this way shall we? ;)

Pings a bit high but...

Looney

Expert Member
I seriously need to run a Cat6e cable from my router to my mic mini in the room next door. Does anyone know someone who can run a cable?

waylander

Expert Member
I seriously need to run a Cat6e cable from my router to my mic mini in the room next door. Does anyone know someone who can run a cable?
It's very easy to do, and cable is cheap. Do you need to run through the ceiling?

STORMERSFAN

I just had someone from Britelink do mine today.. From router in lounge to ps4 in son's bedroom. Not that easy to get the cable thru the conduit.. Get a Professional imo

semaphore

Honorary Master
Can someone on websquad do a MTR to this please : 80.239.179.116

I just wanna see how badly it differs from CISP.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Can someone on websquad do a MTR to this please : 80.239.179.116

I just wanna see how badly it differs from CISP.
Visit our looking glass at lg.as328137.net and use the Traceroute tool - look at the last result (it will give you 5 as it runs the test). You can pick between Joburg, Durban and Cape Town Regions.

semaphore

Honorary Master
From which region are you testing? What's odd about the results?
No idea what the region was, I tested via mobile. They've introduced some sort of akami routing after some routes in telia, I never used to be the case and the latency jumps by close to 200 ms.

Senshi

Anyone else's international die? I'm having random throughput issues, cannot access origin, all traceroutes and pings resolve locally instead of internationally, twitch is unusable (front page doesn't load).

I'm on Vumatel area in the Roodepoort area.