Web Squad ISP

teeceekay

Aw man, would be great if they could get that up... Improved latency to east coast USA would suit me juuuuuuust fine :D

If you have any rough ETA to share that would be great...
For gaming i would even be happy with South America

SpiderGear

Wget is single threaded, and all of us get around 10 to 18MB/s using a single thread.

Use aria2c as a cli download client that supports multithreadding

Code:
# -x being number of threads to download using, 8 is advised in general and the default of most download managers
aria2c -x 8 <url>

I still only get 21MB/s. Look, I'm not complaining, I love my fiber connection!

1557936796083.png

DarkSt0rm

For gaming i would even be happy with South America
I'd love to know how South America qualified for game servers (and twitch....), yet we don't.............

I still only get 21MB/s. Look, I'm not complaining, I love my fiber connection!

View attachment 658436
Yeah I know you aren't :) It's just an interesting puzzle to figure out ;)
Out of interest are you running unix as your main system, or in a VM? I get all sorts of weird and wonderful behavior with my virtual NICs from time to time running VMWare...

cytracon

I'm on Vumatel/CISP at the moment 1000/100 and I'm not happy with the performance and the support is not existing.
So I consider a change to Websquad. I'm in Northcliff.
What's the quickest way to change (I'm happy to pay double for 1 month)? Can I use my own router as well (Fritzbox 5490)?
@websquadza

SFW007

Expert Member

waylander

Expert Member
rather than telling people ISPs cannot distinguish between legal vs illegally content.
would it not be better to post the ad without that info an interested people can then be advised via pm.
I don't make any claims to legality. My claim is that the ISP cannot determine whether you're downloading Ubuntu or watching YouTube - so they cannot throttle you and that traffic will appear local so the ISP cannot limit traffic based on geographic source.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
I'm on Vumatel/CISP at the moment 1000/100 and I'm not happy with the performance and the support is not existing.
What's the quickest way to change (I'm happy to pay double for 1 month)? Can I use my own router as well (Fritzbox 5490)?
@websquadza
Morning! Dropped you a PM.

SFW007

Expert Member
@websquadza
Are those routers any good

Genisys

Executive Member
Yes, Fritzbox routers are just the best, very easy to manage. Come with integrated voicebox, DECT and VOIP manager.
That is a matter of opinion. Fitzbox is the best for you, not for everyone. Not everyone has the same use case after all.

Napalm

Expert Member
Says access denied to me. (i wanted to check it out on my LTE-Advanced. Till my Fibre gets installed)

DarkSt0rm

Anyone else having major international issues tonight? I can't push anything higher than 12Mbit (at best, on average its around 4Mbit) :/

@websquadza I'm guessing a route must be down or something

Edit: and this is just brutal haha

DarkSt0rm

Back to 'normal' now
Vox UK

AT&T New York

Coreix is still a bit slow, but most other things are 'fine'

waylander

Expert Member
Last edited:

SFW007

Expert Member