Web Squad ISP

waylander

Expert Member
Wait, wait, wait...

Let's go off topic here for a second - why are are you guys on the free tier served out of Durban, yet my all my domains on Cloudflare go to London? (also on the free tier)
The zone assigned to your domains might have even been dropped from Durban. Bandwidth is very expensive here and even Cloudflare can't afford freebies.

waylander

Expert Member
From Cloudflare:

We may also stop advertising our IP Addresses in specific colo's if they are becoming too hot to stop them from being overloaded and presenting errors. Normally when this happens we drop our free customers first and then move up to pro if things are bad. Our Business and Enterprise plans are the last to be adjusted if a datacenter is getting overloaded.

waylander

Expert Member
If anyone here wants to split costs on a Cloudflare Pro account (@cavedog?) please PM me, then we can fling traffic over Cloudflare to our hearts content.

cavedog

Honorary Master
If anyone here wants to split costs on a Cloudflare Pro account (@cavedog?) please PM me, then we can fling traffic over Cloudflare to our hearts content.
Thanks for the consideration but I don't use it as often I move most of my content to Google G suite unlimited drive from my Box and then just stream from there. Google does not limit the tcp connection speeds so if you are on an ISP that peers with Google in JHB you are sorted. Streaming a 100GB video file with direct streaming is a breeze with a single TCP connection doing over 22MB/s easy to google.

Also moving lots of data over Cloudflare does not really have that much advantage unless you have the 1Gbps Vumatel line because 200Mbps and downwards most fibre ISP will have sufficient transit provide line speeds to multi threaded downloaded anywhere in EU West. The only people that would be happy is the ISPs because we would be saving them some international transit capacity. and cloudflare will cry because they would need to foot the bill. :laugh:

@Xzib1t

Yeah well I just set it up to move quite a bit of data and from the start it's been served by SA servers. Cloudflare free is pretty epic and I'm actually amazed how they managed to offer it for free

walt chen

Sure (wingnut, whoever you are, crikey this is some work):

All in, pretty impressed with the results. Don't care for uploads (besides maybe wetransfer)- my Google Drive and OneDrive are very snappy though (any way to measure those?)

Speedtest.net:
Local:

London:

New York:

Bandwidthplace:
View attachment 619632

TestMy:

DSL Reports:

Google Fibre:
View attachment 619638

WinMTR: I'll get a PC and run this test later. On a MAC for now.
traceroute command

SFW007

Expert Member
how would i use pingplotter to trace fortnite UK servers when the packet loss is over different ps4`s connected via lan

websquadza

WebSquad
yup but packet loss , never got it on lte
Can you try figure out the server IP and run an MTR? Otherwise raise a ticket and we will try figure out the IP for you to test to. Then we’ll need you to run MTRs to see if/where losses are occurring.

SFW007

Expert Member
Can you try figure out the server IP and run an MTR? Otherwise raise a ticket and we will try figure out the IP for you to test to. Then we’ll need you to run MTRs to see if/where losses are occurring.
thanks been googling trying to find the ip for the uk server