What apps do you recommend for iPad?

Elimentals

Honorary Master
What i really want is an XBMC version which works on non-jailbroken devices
Wont ever happen as it falls under GPL, some of the libs are GPLv3 <-- also the main reason my iPad 2 wants to file for neglect

My List:

Read it later When I come across something I would love to read but don't have time for at that point
Marvel Comics What Can I say I grew up with comic books
Pulse Only news reader I use on any platform, even links into my Google Reader
Sparkle HD Do not click, this dam game is addictive as hell, Zuma revenge type of game.
Soundhound Grate for when watching TV and some song play's that you like and would like to find out more.
iDisplay Turns your iPad into a second monitor for your PC/Mac.
And last but not the least Sketchbook Pro for the artist in me.

I would add more games to the list like say Collision Effect(Again dont install) and what not but seeing that I play so many I would leave the list with my 1st ever one that I played waaay to much. Also not making the list is all the jailbrake only apps.

Bluray

I have the following installed and a whole lot more sitting on my hardrive.

BUSINESS: ENTERTAINMENT:
Accounts Azul
Evernote DSTV Mobile Decoder
DocsToGo Premium
Invoice2go LIFESTYLE:
Softsign Amazon
AppAdvice
GAMES: eBay
Papertoss HD MyGumtree
Mini Golf HD PayPal
Ms PAC-Man Zinio

MUSIC: NEWS:
SoundHound News24
TuneIn Radio. Newsy
Volume Up Pulse News

SOCIAL:
Friendly for iPad
CLIPish Pro
Flipboard
Pica
Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

CeRRaNo

Just got my iPad 2 and so far so awesome , except if I do go for Buzz player, how do you transfer avi files to the iPad .I'm not loving this walled garden stuff at all. Is this possible sans jailbreak?

Are you not getting confused with the iPad's native Videos app? Movie Player is a 3rd party app from the App Store.

Gave Buzz Player a try, but the quality is pretty much the same on avi/xvid files. While it has some extra bells & whistles, I still prefer Movie Player's clean uncluttered layout.

Seems it is just a pure horsepower issue on the iPad1, with no hw acceleration for formats other than the Apple supported h.264. Guess I'll just just have to live with it.

Elimentals

Honorary Master

EtienneK

Expert Member
What's the best media player? Saw a lot of talk on here about Azul and Buzzplayer?

sand_man

Honorary Master
It probably is to late but I found StreamToMe with the data on my PC the best option as I download the media to my pc anyway

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/streamtome/id325327899?mt=8
Tried streamtome and found 720p content was buffering all the time so tried video stream and it works perfectly but doesn't support mp3 or jpg, essentially only video formats.

Home sharing through iTunes works brilliantly for sharing the iTunes library with all devices within a network... See tutorial here..

Elimentals

Honorary Master
Home sharing through iTunes works brilliantly for sharing the iTunes library with all devices within a network... See tutorial here..

You could not have posted this a month sooner?

/mumbles

Update: oh it came with 4.3 ignore comment

Last edited:

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
If you have an Eye-Fi SD card make sure you download the free Eye-Fi Direct software for your iPad/iPhone. :)

Kompete

Expert Member
Quick questions on video chat with the iPad 2:

Can you use one of the video chat apps and chat to someone that is using skype?

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Really !!!??

Why are people then complaining http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=804071 about that there is no Skype optimised app for iPad 2 - if they can just use one of the other video apps? Which one is it BTW???
AFAIK while not optimised the iPhone skype version works adequately. I'm pretty confident that skype will be designing an iPad specific version now that they have cameras.