what the F...

Spartaniz

Expert Member
Hi guys,

So Telkom mistakenly disconnected my adsl connection on their side, in May this year. When i tried phoning them "beggin"g them to fix it, they gave me a ETA of 29/10/2010.

After much complaining and literally bombarding their escalation centers email server with the same email and getting no response, i gave up and decided to wait until the 29th before bombarding them again.

Tonight, I switched on my router from my pc (as its connected to my downstairs PS3 and i wanted to watch some series or movies) I realised my router's sync light IS actually synced. I thought something was wrong and restarted the router, and it synced again.

I then called a friend to get he's internet connection details, as Ive cancelled all my prepaid and other connections because of telkom's fault; after typing in he's details and pressing the connect button, it connected!

It's only syncing at 512kbps, and I did have 4mbps- which telkom now says was never possible. Although they can see on their system that i had the 4mbps option for over a year and a half.

Why would telkom switch my dsl connection on again without notifying me about it? Is this a error or what? who can i phone to find out whats going on and to give me my connection username details again and bump me back up to 4mbps?

I'm stumped! :wtf:

thanks guys.

Sting

Ghost in the Machine
Have they been charging you all these months? I certainly hope not!

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
So Telkom mistakenly disconnected my adsl connection on their side, in May this year. When i tried phoning them "beggin"g them to fix it, they gave me a ETA of 29/10/2010.
Its like lightning: Unpredictable & can ruin your day/week with impressive thoroughness.

Why would telkom switch my dsl connection on again without notifying me about it?
Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. This is also the reason why 384k people sometimes get bumped up to 4mbps out of the blue.

Best bet is to phone call center, be super friendly and convince the dude to push it to 4mbps "just to test".

Spartaniz

Expert Member
Its like lightning: Unpredictable & can ruin your day/week with impressive thoroughness.

Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. This is also the reason why 384k people sometimes get bumped up to 4mbps out of the blue.

Best bet is to phone call center, be super friendly and convince the dude to push it to 4mbps "just to test".
Im a bit lazy today and forgot the number, can you maybe give it to me, please?... :p