• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

What's for supper - Second Course

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Yum, you make your own puree. How long does it last? Do you freeze it?
We have pizza once a week so that much will probably last us through December. :)

I'll run it through the food mill in a few hours, portion it out, and freeze it.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
So what's your passata recipe?
Passata? Think we've got a different definition.

My sauce is pretty simple - tinned tomatoes, basil, onion, garlic, chilli flakes, origanum, sugar and salt. I slowly reduce it, take out the basil stems and onions and run it though a food mill. From there I might reduce it further, depends on the consistency.

The dough is also on the go. :)

maumau

Honorary Master
Passata? Think we've got a different definition.

My sauce is pretty simple - tinned tomatoes, basil, onion, garlic, chilli flakes, origanum, sugar and salt. I slowly reduce it, take out the basil stems and onions and run it though a food mill. From there I might reduce it further, depends on the consistency.

The dough is also on the go. :)

That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!! - home made pizza tonight.

Will do the sauce like you do. I remember being told the best tomatoes for cooking are the longish ones, pomodori. Sofia tins are dirt cheap.

Readsalot

Expert Member
Rocomamas burger and chips. Question: Are their chips portions always that large? It's a bit of a waste. Got a medium chips and the amount of chips covered a large plate!

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Rocomamas burger and chips. Question: Are their chips portions always that large? It's a bit of a waste. Got a medium chips and the amount of chips covered a large plate!
Yup generally it’s sized to be shared.

Every time I go with someone new to Roco Mamas I tell them to take a small chips and they are like “oh no I’m a big eater”...and every time they never finish the chips or end up handing it out to the table.