• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

What's for supper - Second Course

ponder

Honorary Master
Pan fried pork chops done in salted butter, salt, pepper, & chili flake seasoning with a dash of honey & lime juice. They were amazing, not even gonna mention the rest that went with it.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I guess everyone has their first time, this just seems like an odd one to get to so late in life.

Or do you mean not from a packet and going full manual?
I prefer my curries with a bit more oomph but one of the kids wanted it so that's what I made.

It was mostly manual - I didn't grind all of the spices myself, just some of them.

saor

Honorary Master
Hoping to have chickpea curry.

But eish, using uncooked chickpeas I thought I could get away with a 5 min boil then cool for a few hours in that water then cook again but this last cook is taking hours to soften up. Yeah, should soak overnight or use pressure cooker but I had neither patience nor pot. So **** knows when this chickpea curry will be ready. Rolling past hour 3 now...

APoc184

Honorary Master
Wife picked out our desserts for the night.

Something called "Oops I spilled my pot plant" for me.
Chocolate soil, amarula crème patisserie, amarula mousse, hazelnut brittle and coffee syrup.

Was nice but very heavy on the Amarula.

Wife had Melktert with fresh gooseberries, gooseberry jelly and gooseberry syrup. I cleaned her plate for every last drop of that tangy gooseberry syrup. Stunning.

20181027_193102-01.jpeg 20181027_193110-01.jpeg