Which ISP to go for?

robertwj

I'm looking at getting an ADSL 1MB Account & line.

I will using it for gaming, downloads & browsing. I will be the only Computer connected to the line.

I have been researching through ISPs and i found the cheapest to be:
Cybersmart, iSat, Afrihost, Openweb and Webafrica.

I'd just like to know if any of you use these and what are your experiences with GAMING on these ISP's as well as downloads. Cybersmart have a really good deal and are the cheapest.

Last edited:

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones

I will using it for gaming, downloads & browsing. I will be the only Computer connected to the line.

Cybersmart, iSat, Afrihost and Webafrica.

I'd just like to know if any of you use these and what are your experiences with GAMING on these ISP's as well as downloads. Cybersmart have a really good deal and are the cheapest.

I say get the 1meg from Telkom. Your account and line will both be upgraded to 2meg in August.

ajules

Expert Member
We offer good latencies, SAT3 also helps things along :)
Give us a bash if you want, before you grab yourself an account http://www.webafrica.co.za/blog/2011/03/give-web-africa-a-free-test-drive/
Are you guys going to be making any changes to your capped/uncapped offerings bearing in mind what Afrihost has recently announced?I am currently contemplating moving over to Afrihost from WA even though I have one of those Red Africa specials.The fact that I have a support ticket with WA which is now open for 7 weeks and still remains unresolved does not help matters!!

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep

Cybersmart, iSat, Afrihost, Openweb and Webafrica.

Give me a shout if you need any info on the Afrihost Products. There is a quite a bit of client feedback in this thread:-

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...-feedback-(500-Users-R397)?highlight=Afrihost