Why is Afrihost Support so slow and bad

N_L

Good day to everyone on this forum

I used to use Afrihost Capped DSL, and was fairly happy with them. I tried out another provider for about 6 months, and when I came back to Afrihost, I was absolutely shocked by the way their support seems to have deteriorated.

I was overbilled on my account in my first month - it was a small amount, but I made an issue out of it not because of the amount, but because of the principle.

It took many days to get any response to the support ticket. When the response came, it was obviously just a general-this-is-how-things work response and not a specific response to my specific issue. So I replied, asking them to investigate this issue properly, and report back to me. A few days later, and I am still awaiting any acknowledgement or response from them.

I also had a separate issue, which I raised as a separate ticket - only to find out that this had been bundled together with my other support request. To date, this issue still persists - it looks like they didn't even see that ticket. It has to do with the line speed, so it is very frustrating.

I feel very upset by this. When I left Afrihost previously, I still held them in very high regard, but now I am continually thinking to myself "Oh, no! Have I made a very bad mistake going back to Afrihost ?!?!"

Have Afrihost really deteriorated that much in recent months, or was I just living in a naive state of bliss previously :).

Kind regards

Nic

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Good day to everyone on this forum

I used to use Afrihost Capped DSL, and was fairly happy with them. I tried out another provider for about 6 months, and when I came back to Afrihost, I was absolutely shocked by the way their support seems to have deteriorated.

I was overbilled on my account in my first month - it was a small amount, but I made an issue out of it not because of the amount, but because of the principle.

It took many days to get any response to the support ticket. When the response came, it was obviously just a general-this-is-how-things work response and not a specific response to my specific issue. So I replied, asking them to investigate this issue properly, and report back to me. A few days later, and I am still awaiting any acknowledgement or response from them.

I also had a separate issue, which I raised as a separate ticket - only to find out that this had been bundled together with my other support request. To date, this issue still persists - it looks like they didn't even see that ticket. It has to do with the line speed, so it is very frustrating.

I feel very upset by this. When I left Afrihost previously, I still held them in very high regard, but now I am continually thinking to myself "Oh, no! Have I made a very bad mistake going back to Afrihost ?!?!"

Have Afrihost really deteriorated that much in recent months, or was I just living in a naive state of bliss previously :).

Kind regards

Nic
Hi Nic

That's horrible! We definitely always want to give you the very best experience from support to our products. I truly believe that the majority of our clients have a good experience and receive great service, so it really concerns me that this isn't the case here. I'd really like to intervene and try to rectify that for you :(

I'd really need to know more about the issue you raised to give you some feedback on the billing issue.

Please drop me a PM so I can make sure this gets looked into :(

under_sky

Expert Member
Hi Nic

That's horrible! We definitely always want to give you the very best experience from support to our products. I truly believe that the majority of our clients have a good experience and receive great service, so it really concerns me that this isn't the case here. I'd really like to intervene and try to rectify that for you :(

I'd really need to know more about the issue you raised to give you some feedback on the billing issue.

Please drop me a PM so I can make sure this gets looked into :(

Had it today that they also debited me of a crazy amount. But luckily I was able to speak to someone I know there and get it sorted. The support just isn't what it use to be.

Ripstorm

I truly believe that the majority of our clients have a good experience and receive great service
You are delusional, that's probably why your service is so pathetic. It's been over 24 hours now that I have waited for one of your
agents to log a simple telkom fault, yet this hasn't happened yet.

The only reason I am with you is so that YOU can manage my line and I don't have to deal with telkom. Well, so much for that. I'm already not using the 100GB of appalling data I get from you every month.

I have NO reason to stay with you anymore

Jaws677

I'm moving tomorrow and the new house doesn't have FTTH yet so I have to get DSL for the interim.

I thought about giving them a chance. When I phoned the sign up today the waiting time was almost 20minutes. No thanks

Jaws677

Just to add I couldn't even see what they charge for 40Mbs from my phone browser

An internet company who can't even get their own website to work properly

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I'm moving tomorrow and the new house doesn't have FTTH yet so I have to get DSL for the interim.

I thought about giving them a chance. When I phoned the sign up today the waiting time was almost 20minutes. No thanks
Who are you talking about?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Only get responses from Afriman beyond that THERE IS NO support. Billing issues Ag plz afrihost does not respond but don't pay them and see how quickly you get a notice of suspension. They owe you money and suddenly they need to escalate and investigate which takes ages. No updates.

Probably the last time I'm using them. I'm surprised they have such a huge building in Rivonia full of people doing what because they not working....

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Only get responses from Afriman beyond that THERE IS NO support. Billing issues Ag plz afrihost does not respond but don't pay them and see how quickly you get a notice of suspension. They owe you money and suddenly they need to escalate and investigate which takes ages. No updates.

Probably the last time I'm using them. I'm surprised they have such a huge building in Rivonia full of people doing what because they not working....
I'm really sorry to hear you say that. :( Our Support Team definitely work hard to respond to every query as quickly as possible. Furthermore, we're constantly bolstering our team to improve response times. If you ever feel like your query is not being answered as quickly as possible, let us know and we'll chase up on it.

N_L

Had it today that they also debited me of a crazy amount. But luckily I was able to speak to someone I know there and get it sorted. The support just isn't what it use to be.
He He He! This is no comment on you, but maybe that's the way to get things done in the country!

N_L

Afrihost, wake up!!!! It's obvious from the comments above that your once loyal clientele are now totally fed up with you!!!!!!

I first logged a support request with Afrihost on 22 Feb 2018. I waited probably 3 days before the request was even acknowledged, and it was just a standard script without even looking at my specific case. Needless to say, it was a TOTALLY UNSATISFACTORY response.

I have responded to the support tickets numerous times since then, and each reply from Afrihost's side has only been quite a few days later. And each time, it was a totally unsatisfactory, vague, general one-size-fits all response.

The live chat takes an age before it is answered...

I raised 3 SEPARATE ISSUES. Today, 7 March, in other words 13 days later, the grand total of ONE of the issues was successfully resolved. There are still 2 issues OUTSTANDING. What a torturous process! Will it take another 13 days x 2 to get these 2 issues resolved?

The issues themselves are tiny - probably literally the push of a single button by someone who actually looks at the issues. This would cost Afrihost no more than 10 minutes in total of support time. AFRIHOST, THIS CUSTOMER IS NOT EVEN WORTH 10 MINUTES of your support time. Is that it? Is that what your clients are truly worth to you? Thanks for showing us your true colours, Afrihost!

Maybe we should call you AfriGhost - a shadow of your former glory! That would seem to fit with your delusional personality...

N_L

Afrihost Support Saga

Ticket opened 22 February 2018.

3 (minor) issues raised.

Lots of prodding from my side in between.

14 March 2018. 1 of 3 issues satisfactorily resolved.

Support replies approx 3 days after any of my replies. Generally a standard (in other words irrelevant) response.

Will this Saga ever end?

Probably when I give up in frustration at Afrihost Support's Incompetence!

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
I think they only have one person working in support, this person is never at work.

Belligerence

One can take support from Hetzner as a benchmark.

On the support side of Afrihost, You have to give props to myBB, FB team - but contacting actual support, it gets kinda meh.

dj2381

Expert Member
Where's Afriguy, Afrifella, etc? I believe they were supposed to be hiring a lot more support? Any answers on this matter? Seems to be less and less support rather than the promised increase......

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Where's Afriguy, Afrifella, etc? I believe they were supposed to be hiring a lot more support? Any answers on this matter? Seems to be less and less support rather than the promised increase......
We're constantly hiring and training new support staff. :) Our Team is growing by the week. I honestly believe we've been getting some great feedback regarding the support experience, if you feel like your query is not taking as long to resolve as you expect, drop me a PM with your ticket reference number and I'll chase it up. :)

naeem

Expert Member
One can take support from Hetzner as a benchmark.

On the support side of Afrihost, You have to give props to myBB, FB team - but contacting actual support, it gets kinda meh.
amen. Hetzner support is on another level. Been hosting dozens of sites & dedicated servers with them for nearly a decade now. Never once let me down, and never once held on more then a minute for support calls.

Afrihost. shem, looks like they're beyond Telkom levels currently. Call anytime of day and expect a 20min+ wait time, live chat is half the time offline, email tickets get deleted, list goes on and on.

Giving a textbook apology response on MyBB is cool but doesnt solve the problem does it?

N_L

Afrihost. shem, looks like they're beyond Telkom levels currently. Call anytime of day and expect a 20min+ wait time, live chat is half the time offline, email tickets get deleted, list goes on and on.

Giving a textbook apology response on MyBB is cool but doesnt solve the problem does it?
Eish, don't remind us of the dark days when Helkom were at the height of their reign of terror ;-)

So, who is better for ADSL? (unfortunately Hetzner doesn't do this ;-) ) I see Axxess scored well on last year's MyBB survey, but I saw on sites like HelloPeter that they've also been getting a lot of very negative reviews lately.

Surely a privately-run business in a properly competitive environment should shrivel up and die eventually? (So, Afrihost can't really be compared to Helkom.). Is ADSL dying, so all providers are intentionally neglecting it and racing after fibre? Or is there an ISP that still values their customers and will support them properly, even if the customer insists on using ADSL for whatever reason?

Please, esteemed members of this forum, tell me who gives better quality and support for ADSL than Afrihost. I will take great pleasure in redirecting my money away from Afrihost, so that they can feel the consequences of neglecting this customer so badly.

N_L

The Saga Continues

Afrihost Support Saga

Ticket opened 22 February 2018.

Blah blah blah. Wait wait wait.

14 March 2018. 1 of 3 issues satisfactorily resolved.
16 March 2018. 2 of 3 issues satisfactorily resolved.

Also firmly resolved to find a new ISP ASAP!!!!!