Wireless on R304 Stellenbosch

Pottie8

Hi All

Anyone any input as to connectivity type(s) and costs available for a farm outside Stellenbosch?

I believe there are no ADSL available, and was looking into Wireless.

Mobile data signal is very weak and very expensive.

This seems costly, but would I be able to source my own equipment (eg. Ubiquiti) and "rent" a connection to someone's high site and where would I then get data from?

Anyone that can assist a blond person?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
How far away are you from Welgevonden? I have Amobia which requires line of site to their repeater on Bottelary Hills. Other folks are pretty happy with WISH.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Ah, Wild Clover - best place to spend a weekend afternoon. My wife works across the road at West Cape Biotech, I'll check with her what internet they have over there.

From where you are located you have a good coverage from Amobia, I have used them before and had good service. I still have my Amobia CPE however I keep it as backup.

They have both capped and uncapped packages so give them a try : http://www.amobia.com/wireless_broadband?wic=wireless_broadband_uncapped

amobia-cptedited.jpeg

Hi All

Anyone any input as to connectivity type(s) and costs available for a farm outside Stellenbosch?

I believe there are no ADSL available, and was looking into Wireless.

Mobile data signal is very weak and very expensive.

This seems costly, but would I be able to source my own equipment (eg. Ubiquiti) and "rent" a connection to someone's high site and where would I then get data from?

Anyone that can assist a blond person?

https://www.breede.co.za/ Give them a try?

Pottie8

Hi Guys

Thanks for the input.

@Rouxenator - I'll definitely contact Amobia to hear what they have to offer.

Pottie8

Hi there

Thanks for the reply. Snowball seems to be a tad bit expense. And their coverage isnt showing that area though...

Pottie8

UPDATE: I have confirmed today that there is a fully fuctional telephone line available (coming straight from an overhead cable to the house) Tried phoning Helkom to see if they can provide DSL, but they require a street name and number... The more I tell them it is on a farm, right next to the R304, the more they tell me they cant help without a physical address... THAT IS MY PHYSICAL ADDRESS!!!

Pottie8

Is that month - to - month or contract? I dont like the idea of contract. Always been with Axxess for a month to month deal... Service is also not too bad :)