2020 TakeAlot Voucher Code Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swa

Honorary Master
That is debatable as Makro is a full retailer which means CPA fully applies to them whether you purchase instore or online. There was 1 person that i know who fought Makro on this and won his purchase online purchase. CPA doesnt fully apply to stores like Takealot since you cannot see what you purchase until you receive the product. But makro has a store which you can purchase or collect items from. He won the case on the fact that Makro advertised the product on their site at the incorrect price but never rectified it nor did they release a advert or press to show the incorrect pricing like they usually do so CPA fully applied. you pay the price you see.. it depends how you fight the battle and whom you have fighting it for you
Actually not. It's the ECT act which applies to online purchases regardless of whether there's a physical store or not. There's no details wrt the specific case but what it comes down to is that TAL is covered by their terms and conditions stating they may amend prices and cancel orders. Makro probably doesn't.

enerdude

Expert Member
That is debatable as Makro is a full retailer which means CPA fully applies to them whether you purchase instore or online. There was 1 person that i know who fought Makro on this and won his purchase online purchase. CPA doesnt fully apply to stores like Takealot since you cannot see what you purchase until you receive the product. But makro has a store which you can purchase or collect items from. He won the case on the fact that Makro advertised the product on their site at the incorrect price but never rectified it nor did they release a advert or press to show the incorrect pricing like they usually do so CPA fully applied. you pay the price you see.. it depends how you fight the battle and whom you have fighting it for you
I remember a case like that but usually its not worth the effort and time for small items. If you bought a bigger item which comes to thousands it might be worth involving lawyers etc

Tabi

I remember a case like that but usually its not worth the effort and time for small items. If you bought a bigger item which comes to thousands it might be worth involving lawyers etc
The item is selling for R1299 I had paid R279
Was 82% off.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
You r right bro. I use the vouchers but also buy magazines and pay full price. Not that they care but they have lost my support.
Lol, yeah, they're really going to miss you abusing their promotional vouchers :rolleyes:

Everyone in this thread, that has been abusing the vouchers, should be the last to whinge.

Tabi

Lol, yeah, they're really going to miss you abusing their promotional vouchers :rolleyes:

Everyone in this thread, that has been abusing the vouchers, should be the last to whinge.
No I'm not going to buy magazines and R450 baskets in between abusing the promotional vouchers. I have every right to whinge cos I did not use a voucher.

Lefty309

Made a Takealot purchase on 19.01.20. No discount vouchers used. Order was cancelled on 21.01.20. Reason given :
We regret to inform you that we cannot complete and deliver your order for certain items purchased, and have therefore canceled the order. An inadvertent error caused certain products to be shown as available at an incorrect price. Upon becoming aware of this error we immediately amended the details on the website.

We will be crediting your account in full for the payments made for the products in question and if you prefer a refund please contact us and we will gladly refund you, the refund will reflect in your bank account as soon as your bank processes the refund from us.

We are truly sorry that we have caused you any inconvenience in this regard.

Is this legal. Basically cancelled my order due to incorrect pricing on their side.

The same happened to me a few years ago when they priced a PS4 controller at R600

Swa

Honorary Master
... and every post that happens in this thread results in at least 60 hopeful subscribers coming in to check if a voucher code has been posted.
They know by now there aren't any. Let's just close these damned threads and get on with life.

enerdude

Expert Member
They know by now there aren't any. Let's just close these damned threads and get on with life.
Well thats not necessary. People must just be patient. I just love when a newbie or one post wonder post a code like the last 'sweepsouth' and no thanks are even given to him, just somebody saying 'can confirm its working'. At least people take the time to post codes here when they are available.

Greetings my good people. I would like to know if it is possible to make multiple accounts with the Mr. Delivery food app all under the same phone number to redeem first-order vouchers, just like we all do with Takealot. This might seem off-topic but since the two companies are related I figured my question would be appropriate in this thread. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.