What's the max with PPPoE connections?
Mostly 1Gbps unless you buy super expensive BNG's that support 2.5 and 10G ports.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
What's the max with PPPoE connections?
Mostly 1Gbps unless you buy super expensive BNG's that support 2.5 and 10G ports.
Is there really a demand for anything faster than 1GB to FTTH? I can maybe see the need for business use
Yup, i got ridiculed for going the PPPOE route back in the day. But it is so much easier to only allow PPPOE discovery and session right from the OLT on L2-gets rid of 95% of the rubbish traffic.No it's been an ongoing issue for some time now.
The major issue is poor client isolation on FNO's especially when it comes to DHCP. Clients create loops by spoofing gateway mac addresses causing mac flaps and bringing thousands of clients down and finding the culprits are difficult. In some cases, we do find them and ask the FNO to disable them until the issue can be fixed and instead of fixing the issue we are served with ISPA and ICASA complaints.
We have made a decision internally that DHCP at scale with all these moving parts is just not feasible. It's a pity because with the current DHCP tech we have we are ready for 2.5Gbps and 10Gbps FTTH right through our network core.
@AfriNatic @Afrigirl Surely you guys credit for prolonged downtime, right ?
I was offline for 23 days cause of the MFN New Germany outage!
I did ask but the ticket was closed some time after connectivity was restored on the 6th of July.
LYT-221-78022
@AfriNatic trying to help my brother in law out they've been out 4 days in, below was message but no update since then, do you perhaps have some insight?
been completely dead since the 12th.
Event ID:
CM-10513
Paulshof
Medium Impact • Vumatel Outage | Paulshof
10:32 • 12 Jul 2023
Vumatel has informed us of a network outage affecting Paulshof, affected clients will experience limited to no connectivity. Vumatel engineers are working on resolving this issue as soon as possible. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.
will PM number linked to account now.Do you have any details so I can lookup the line and see what is going on?
The change should not leave days without service. Is the broadband and service light both off?
If you do not opt for the free router are you credited for the amount?
Yes it’s yours to keep. Just don’t cancel before 6 months.It is free?
No, just take it and have a backup or sell it on gumtree.If you do not opt for the free router are you credited for the amount?
is there anything I can do in the mean time.We are working on changing to PPPoE and disabling DHCP completely.
Or configure as a switch/AP.No, just take it and have a backup or sell it on gumtree.
@AfriNatic @Afrigirl
Please assist, our fiber was down from early Saturday morning and returned sometime this morning due to vandalism.
I’m not getting the required speed I’m supposed to be getting. I have rebooted the ONT & router a few times but speed is the same.
@AfriNatic @Afrigirl
Please assist, lost fibre connectivity, I have DM'd you my details and ticket ref/#
ONT is flashing red on LOS
TiA
Cheers