Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Jedi-Kalin

Really struggled with international last night around 9PM. Nothing was watchable using real-debrid, no matter what quality I selected. Tried using NordVPN and that seemed to do the trick.

PeterPan420

2020-02-16_16-14-09.png

I get this message almost everyday on my router and my connection drops for up to 2 hours. All the lights on the ONT are green.

Anybody else experienced this? Support just tells me to reboot my devices and that doesn't help. I'm thinking of cancelling as this has been happening for the last 2-3 months.

@AfriMan @AfriFella @AfriGuy

Last edited:

Papa_G

Support from Afrihost is VERY poor. They are quick to sign you up and then you must beg them to support you with issues.
I am waiting for the 6 month period to finish, so that I can cancel my contract.

Gekco

Expert Member
I waited from 16 JULY 2019 to have fibre installed, although the cables and boxes had been laid previously to that. On Wednesday last week the VUMATEL installers finally did the installation from the grey box outside. Since then the fibre has not been working, apparently (according to Afrihost), because VUMATEL has not provisioned the line yet. Despite daily calls to Afrihost Support (with holding times of 17-20 minutes in general), logging numerous support issues and emails, the issue has still not been resolved. Am I going to have to wait another 7 months or longer for the line to be operational?
Can the Afrihost rep reply please?

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Support from Afrihost is VERY poor. They are quick to sign you up and then you must beg them to support you with issues.
I am waiting for the 6 month period to finish, so that I can cancel my contract.
So what happens when you phone the call centre or use their WhatsApp support?

Vernon

Expert Member
Seems fine again, for now....
I'm able to stream the footy. No buffering.
Famous last words. :p

cavedog

Honorary Master
My torrents are completely dead.... 50KB/s :unsure:

Seems like it's shaped. Not sure what is going on because started today. Activated a VPN and it's going full speed again. Openserve 200/100

Last edited:

PeterPan420

At this point I don't even mind eating the R999 cancellation fee to escape this.

waylander

Expert Member
My torrents are completely dead.... 50KB/s :unsure:

Seems like it's shaped. Not sure what is going on because started today. Activated a VPN and it's going full speed again. Openserve 200/100
Jumped on to see, but Ubuntu's official ISO pulling line speed here.

Capture.PNG

cavedog

Honorary Master
Jumped on to see, but Ubuntu's official ISO pulling line speed here.

View attachment 785258
I tried everything but capped at like 100KB/s max.

Different torrent clients, different harddrives switched the pppoe details in the router to vox then same torrent did line speed.

Switched back to Afrihost same torrent crawls. Switched cloudflare warp on then same torrent getting line speed again. Not sure what is going on actually.

waylander

Expert Member
I tried everything but capped at like 100KB/s max.

Different torrent clients, different harddrives switched the pppoe details in the router to vox then same torrent did line speed.

Switched back to Afrihost same torrent crawls. Switched cloudflare warp on then same torrent getting line speed again. Not sure what is going on actually.
Sounds like your account got flagged and deprioritised #WeLoveSandvine

moms

Really struggled with international last night around 9PM. Nothing was watchable using real-debrid, no matter what quality I selected. Tried using NordVPN and that seemed to do the trick.
What app were you using with Real Debrid?, and who is your provider OpenServe or Vumatel, I was watching last night Jumanji 6gb copy with real debrid no issues on OpenServe

Vernon

Expert Member
Torrents and my IPTV service are unusable for me. Switching to my Nord VPN seems to fix all that.
Vuma Aerial here.

eosman

This inconsistency is killing me. One minute you hitting max line speed. 30 min later. You hitting below 10mbps

see latest.FD093DD4-69E6-4EFB-84A3-881FEC07F2AA.jpeg

eosman

Torrents and my IPTV service are unusable for me. Switching to my Nord VPN seems to fix all that.
Vuma Aerial here.
Good Luck bro. The inconsistent speeds are killing me and as usual Vuma never take responsibility or even acknowledge these issues. Deflecting you to your ISP like you some ignorant child that doesn’t understand networking.
They will acknowledge an issue only after its fixed until then. It doesn’t exist.