Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

wingnut771

Executive Member
Just got through to Whatsapp finally and after making me power cycle CPE and Router I got: "Just received an update that there are issue with some international sites, the network engineers are looking into it"... Nothing on any other status page or anything though so that's nice.
yeah, i don't waste my time if the problem is on their end. it's always a surprise to them.

wingnut771

Executive Member
Pings were also high using 8.8.4.4 and the default Afrihost DNS. Frogfoot user in George reported the higher latency at exactly the same time as me (I'm in East London on SADV)
yeah, also found sometimes google routing to jhb instead of local (dbn) like cloudflare. 9.9.9.9 (quad 9) never lets me down.

Cage Rattler

Octotel southern suburbs seems dodge ... pings to 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8, 9.9.9.9 all over the place, ranging between 40ms and 400ms

Convex

My gaming session went to a ball of s**t at around 8pm, was fine before then. Certain sites not accessable since the morning. Cant even connect to voice chat on discord with Axxess, WA or Telkom. Only Vox works.
Yet spoke to a friend a few Kms from me who uses Telkom. He has no issue accessing the sites im struggling worth.

Sad thing is you check the network status of all the isps and adsl is all working fine.....

ZyborgRSA

My gaming session went to a ball of s**t at around 8pm, was fine before then. Certain sites not accessable since the morning. Cant even connect to voice chat on discord with Axxess, WA or Telkom. Only Vox works.
Yet spoke to a friend a few Kms from me who uses Telkom. He has no issue accessing the sites im struggling worth.

Sad thing is you check the network status of all the isps and adsl is all working fine.....
Yup, what's the point of having all these status/social media sites and not using em..

EchoZA

Expert Member

Having the same issue no Discord voice to EU, strange that RU works. However didn't help last night, running MC with no voice comms...