Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Ecco

Executive Member
Have gone back to original problem now. Less then 1mbps download. I think i realised whats cause this large degradation - i switched on an old tablet yesterday, and turned it on now again.

As soon as its on, it makes everything crawl. Have no idea why. Turning it off - get back to the issue of still not getting past 30mpbs :(

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Have gone back to original problem now. Less then 1mbps download. I think i realised whats cause this large degradation - i switched on an old tablet yesterday, and turned it on now again.

As soon as its on, it makes everything crawl. Have no idea why. Turning it off - get back to the issue of still not getting past 30mpbs :(
maybe it's doing some kind of update or cloud sync?

also, try 40mhz bandwidth.

wingnut771

Honorary Master

also, try this: https://www.acrylicwifi.com/en/wlan...oftware-tools/wlan-scanner-acrylic-wifi-free/

it gives you a nice picture of what is happening with wifi around you.

CrypticZA

Expert Member

Depending on your device you might not be able to achieve more than 30 download on WiFi. I have a Samsung a71 and on WiFi 2.4Ghz I can't achieve a high enough link speed to get 50 download. My old Huawei, as well as my dad's gets 50 on 2.4Ghz but my Samsung, my sisters S10 and my moms Samsung all get around 30 max on 2.4Ghz. I had to enable 5GHz to get my full line speed on WiFi

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Depending on your device you might not be able to achieve more than 30 download on WiFi. I have a Samsung a71 and on WiFi 2.4Ghz I can't achieve a high enough link speed to get 50 download. My old Huawei, as well as my dad's gets 50 on 2.4Ghz but my Samsung, my sisters S10 and my moms Samsung all get around 30 max on 2.4Ghz. I had to enable 5GHz to get my full line speed on WiFi
That's why I posted this:
1631809841364.png

This router doesn't have 5ghz unfortunately.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
That's why I posted this:
View attachment 1149218

This router doesn't have 5ghz unfortunately.
Ah, okay i did not follow the whole post just shared my experience.

Spent a lot of time trying to get my phone to get 50/50 on 2.4GHZ and funny enough i tried now and i got the 50/50 on 2.4GHz but on our second router i can't... i assume its just really congested network around me and signal is not so great, so i just run on 5ghz

aggressiveGrey

Im so hoping someone can help me, I have 200/200 Fibre - and for the past year (at my prior home) i used to leave twitch on the background listening while i work.

Lately, every few minutes, it buffers for a while (5-10 seconds) enough for me to notice.

Anyone got any smart solutions that might be a cause of this?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Im so hoping someone can help me, I have 200/200 Fibre - and for the past year (at my prior home) i used to leave twitch on the background listening while i work.

Lately, every few minutes, it buffers for a while (5-10 seconds) enough for me to notice.

Anyone got any smart solutions that might be a cause of this?

Hi,

Are you using a windows pc when streaming twitch?