Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

grantduke

I won't say a general issue but I have logged a few faults for loss for client in Stellenbosch.
Urm... So my ISP is Cool Ideas, and I wanted to get a test account from Afrihost (happy to pay), I guess my ONT would need to be reconfigured onto Afrihost's VLAN on Frogfoot side?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Urm... So my ISP is Cool Ideas, and I wanted to get a test account from Afrihost (happy to pay), I guess my ONT would need to be reconfigured onto Afrihost's VLAN on Frogfoot side?

With Frogfoot it's bit more complicated because the vlans needs to be changed.

You can have a chat to @PBCool to ask FrogFoot to put you on their own L3 network. They have an L3 for testing purposes.

grantduke

With Frogfoot it's bit more complicated because the vlans needs to be changed.

You can have a chat to @PBCool to ask FrogFoot to put you on their own L3 network. They have an L3 for testing purposes.
I'll reach out after Monday. Just waiting to hear back from Frogfoot in the line investigation. But pretty cool to know. Thank you!

cavedog

Honorary Master
Looks like they've disabled jhb CDN, content coming from EU tonight, all good my end:
View attachment 1150030
View attachment 1150032

View attachment 1150034

It was on JHB until about 6pm and then it started crawling again so I think they disabled it.

To be honest I think Alldebrid is 10x better. It's not only cheaper but has better browser extensions. Single thread downloads on Alldebrid I get about 22MB/s which means I can direct stream a 80GB .mkv file directly from Alldebrid from either the mounted https file directory or webdav.

Wanted to give realdebrid a go since they have JHB CDN which is nice to have but yeah just not worth it for me.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
It was on JHB until about 6pm and then it started crawling again so I think they disabled it.

To be honest I think Alldebrid is 10x better. It's not only cheaper but has better browser extensions. Single thread downloads on Alldebrid I get about 22MB/s which means I can direct stream a 80GB .mkv file directly from Alldebrid from either the mounted https file directory or webdav.

Wanted to give realdebrid a go since they have JHB CDN which is nice to have but yeah just not worth it for me.
Yes, I did notice before dinner it was coming from jhb although I didn't notice the slowdown yet, after dinner I saw the change to EU. I was on alldebrid website today checking them out for next time.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Yes, I did notice before dinner it was coming from jhb although I didn't notice the slowdown yet, after dinner I saw the change to EU. I was on alldebrid website today checking them out for next time.

Yeah I compared both and I think alldebrid takes it on international performance. It's extra features in the browser and download software like jdownloader2 is better.

In kodi they are the same feature wise but currently based on international alldebrid performs better. Real-debrid does have an advantage of the JHB cdn so if they fix that it might be better.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Youtube speeds is very slow - buffering quiet a lot.

I had loads of packet loss yesterday between 12:30 and 13:30 playing Xonotic with some other folks also here in the Cape.

This is on Frogfoot in Stellenbosch.

I have to say that since I switched to Afrihost from Cool Ideas - not that thrilled really.

Last edited:

Luke7777

Executive Member
Mweb has multiple Openserve notices for my area and surrounding areas, not a single one on Afrihost

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Youtube speeds is very slow - buffering quiet a lot.

I had loads of packet loss yesterday between 12:30 and 13:30 playing Xonotic with some other folks also here in the Cape.

This is on Frogfoot in Stellenbosch.

I have to say that since I switched to Afrihost from Cool Ideas - not that thrilled really.

Hi,

We have sufficient google capacity and there isn't any general outages.

Can you do a trace route to 8.8.8.8 to see if you observe any loss?

harties

I cant be the only one on FF experiencing intermittent packet losses these last few days?