Axxess 10 Meg Uncapped Fair Usage Question.

Sheepclone

Hey Guys,

I haven't found a thread like this so I thought I'd create one. Sorry in advanced if it does exist.

I am currently with MWEB on a 4meg premium account and it kicks ass! I see that Axxess offers a 10 meg uncapped at an EXTREMELY low price - R375. I am talking about Data alone now.

I have been thinking of shipping over to them, however I am paranoid that their Fair Usage soft cap will be too low.

On my 4 meg premium I am allowed +- 300Gbs p/month until I get soft capped/managed.

Does anyone know what the soft cap on the Axxess 10 meg uncapped is?

When speaking to a consultant they told me that their management protocol, manages every hour and if you are above average for that hour you get shaped? How accurate is this in a real world environment?

I download +- 150- 200 GB's p/month easy, so I am concerned.

Thanks guys!

Zertop

Expert Member
Hey Guys,

I haven't found a thread like this so I thought I'd create one. Sorry in advanced if it does exist.

I am currently with MWEB on a 4meg premium account and it kicks ass! I see that Axxess offers a 10 meg uncapped at an EXTREMELY low price - R375. I am talking about Data alone now.

I have been thinking of shipping over to them, however I am paranoid that their Fair Usage soft cap will be too low.

On my 4 meg premium I am allowed +- 300Gbs p/month until I get soft capped/managed.

When speaking to a consultant they told me that their management protocol, manages every hour and if you are above average for that hour you get shaped? How accurate is this in a real world environment?

Thanks guys!
Firstly, Welcome :)

Secondly, You will definitely be managed long before 300GB. If you are happy on MWEB and you are not being thottled, stay there.

GoofySmurf

Expert Member
Hey Guys,

Thanks guys!
Look at the openweb packages they dont have Fair Usage Poilicies.