Axxess MTN Fixed LTE Router Scheme

KulaniNeville

I bought the 30+30 GB MTN fixed LTE through axxess R199 , SIM only which I tried using on the Huawei B315 router and it actually worked perfectly, good coverage, good speeds. After an hour it stopped working and could not connect. I logged several tickets with no response from axxess in like 5 days then I tried calling them. I was told that my router has been "Blocked" and I would have to buy the latest range of routers to use their service.

This is nothing but a marketing scheme to get people to buy Screenshot_2019-12-08-08-21-31-416_com.android.chrome.jpg these new routers for absolutely no reason. There B315 works well with any other ISP but this new MTN combo. I am completely disappointed with MTN and Axxess, this is beneath them.

genie2b

Worst service ever since receiving the MTN sim...worked great for 2 days....since Thursday, no service....a fly has better luck finding smelly stuff than Axxess finding a solution....rather find another ISP than Axxess.....

danny0

Had an absolutely horrendous time trying to sign up with Axxess.
The level of service... no wait. The service was non existent!
Do they have a rep on here?

danny0

Follow up on the above post.

@The Axxess Lady has been "following up" and I've been waiting for her to "revert" since Friday, 03/01/2020 @ 11:44.

I sent a follow up message yesterday at 10:16 only to receive the generic response of "follow up and revert"

I then realised that @The Axxess Lady was of no help whatsoever so I made some calls myself to find out what is going on with my order.

@The Axxess Lady PM's me this morning at 08:27 saying their support is still working on resolving the issue.
But I learned yesterday morning that my order was to be picked up before 16:00 and I should receive it today. (as confirmed by MDS Collivery tracking)

DL;DR: Do not rely on @The Axxess Lady for any help.

Edit: Received my order @ 09:10

Last edited:

danny0

Ping: 19ms
Download: 17.98Mbps
Upload: 61.25Mbps

Any suggestions on how to improve my download speed?

danny0

MTN is tower locked if I am correct

As far as I am aware too - but thought maybe there's some "hack" to change this.

DID you try moving the router around the house to see where you are getting the best signal? You can also try an antenna.

Moved it just once - got very slight improvement, not even worth mentioning.
Will move it around a little more this weekend and see. Again, was hoping for some wort of a hack instead of buying antennas etc. Thanks.

11Snowman11

Moved it just once - got very slight improvement, not even worth mentioning.
Will move it around a little more this weekend and see. Again, was hoping for some wort of a hack instead of buying antennas etc. Thanks.
You can try a different band but I am not sure what MTN uses. Maybe @cavedog can help you regarding the bands.

carnagelan

Ping: 19ms
Download: 17.98Mbps
Upload: 61.25Mbps

Any suggestions on how to improve my download speed?
Connect external LTE antennas.
By any chance are you able to change the DNS address on your router. i can't find it where in advanced settings of the router. The DHCP section only has IP address and netmask.

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
anyone still have issues with this

i need some net

anyone else who has a similar deal ?

rain is so kark slow