Axxess MTN LTE-A Invalid Profile

Radar1

The first time this happened to me was when I first got my MTN LTE sim in December 2019 after cellc cancellation.
Nothing worked to fix it, the sim just started working again on its own, day or two later into December.

However it happened today out of the blue, no load shedding required. Axxess support sent me these instructions that worked for me:
Since you've reconfigured the APN settings can you try this troubleshooting one last time:

*Change the network setting to 3G, save and apply.

*Then go to the home page, click on those connection arrows (data traffic arrows)
off and back on

*It will try to connect to 3G, >connecting, connecting, connecting, error - connection failed,profile is invalid.

*Restart your router, leave the network mode on 3G for a few minutes (max 5min) (I waited 10min)

*Click again on the arrows on the home page, off and on, wait again for the error message, then go and change back the network settings : Auto or 4G only.

*Check your status light - should turn blue
and then you should have a connection.

Hope this helps anyone.
Thanks for the info. Doing this works for me as well, but since this needs to be done every time the MTN tower can't be reached, and it can only be done while you are connected to the local network, it is not more of a manual workaround to the problem.

Revnge_SevnFold

Thanks for the info. Doing this works for me as well, but since this needs to be done every time the MTN tower can't be reached, and it can only be done while you are connected to the local network, it is not more of a manual workaround to the problem.

No problem! Yes, happened again with me this morning, had to go through the whole 3g restart scenario again. It is annoying that the routers can't handle these kind of reconnections like your phone can.

Andreas409

The 3G/4G process with the arrows included worked for me after a day of troubleshooting methods from Axxess support. Only option I was told after these steps was to log a fault with MTN so I would eventually get a sim swap (weeks later?). Support suggested similar steps, just without the arrows. Tried it multiple times and no success. first attempt with the arrow step and it worked.:thumbsup:

Hope others can find this post.

ballboy

The 3G/4G process with the arrows included worked for me after a day of troubleshooting methods from Axxess support. Only option I was told after these steps was to log a fault with MTN so I would eventually get a sim swap (weeks later?). Support suggested similar steps, just without the arrows. Tried it multiple times and no success. first attempt with the arrow step and it worked.:thumbsup:

Hope others can find this post.
Hi. How long has yours continued working? I have had no issues with either Telkom or Mtn up until the beginning of August. Since then I have had to do a hard reset at least every hour. Axxess prescribes the same process you have used, but cannot explain why the profile keeps shutting down as invalid. It is driving me bonkers!!!

Andreas409

Hi. How long has yours continued working? I have had no issues with either Telkom or Mtn up until the beginning of August. Since then I have had to do a hard reset at least every hour. Axxess prescribes the same process you have used, but cannot explain why the profile keeps shutting down as invalid. It is driving me bonkers!!!

Mine defaulted again after like 2/3 weeks and then continued to work again. My Router never gets unplugged though. The one time it did go back into this fault was when I restarted it.

I am not certain why it fails like this. Somewhere I read that it is because the router connects to another tower that it does not know (and Axxess/MTN is adamant that the sim card is locked to one tower). ButI recently moved to Lakeside and just plugged it in and it's working, no need for them to adjust the location of the sim.

I would suggest trying the above with maybe waiting 10 minutes in between steps and otherwise contacting your ISP to organise you a new SIM card. (Last last resort as this is a painful process)

ballboy

Mine defaulted again after like 2/3 weeks and then continued to work again. My Router never gets unplugged though. The one time it did go back into this fault was when I restarted it.

I am not certain why it fails like this. Somewhere I read that it is because the router connects to another tower that it does not know (and Axxess/MTN is adamant that the sim card is locked to one tower). ButI recently moved to Lakeside and just plugged it in and it's working, no need for them to adjust the location of the sim.

I would suggest trying the above with maybe waiting 10 minutes in between steps and otherwise contacting your ISP to organise you a new SIM card. (Last last resort as this is a painful process)
Thank you Andreas! I hope at some stage it is all rectified otherwise it is back to Telkom...!!

Sarel Seemonster

The first time this happened to me was when I first got my MTN LTE sim in December 2019 after cellc cancellation.
Nothing worked to fix it, the sim just started working again on its own, day or two later into December.

However it happened today out of the blue, no load shedding required. Axxess support sent me these instructions that worked for me:
Since you've reconfigured the APN settings can you try this troubleshooting one last time:

*Change the network setting to 3G, save and apply.

*Then go to the home page, click on those connection arrows (data traffic arrows)
off and back on

*It will try to connect to 3G, >connecting, connecting, connecting, error - connection failed,profile is invalid.

*Restart your router, leave the network mode on 3G for a few minutes (max 5min) (I waited 10min)

*Click again on the arrows on the home page, off and on, wait again for the error message, then go and change back the network settings : Auto or 4G only.

*Check your status light - should turn blue
and then you should have a connection.

Hope this helps anyone.
You are a legend mate! Sukkeld for hours. Got a generic reply from ISP and this was the only thing that helped