Best ADSL Upload Speed

Budza

Executive Member
I'm looking for the cheapest 1MB upload speed, if that's still the max for ADSL? More than that would be great too, if still ADSL.

Can't seem to see UL mentioned anywhere on Telkom site or any of the bandwidth provider sites :(

AFAIK, 4MB is .5MB up and 10MB is 1MB up. There are 6MB and 8MB lines in between which hopefully have a faster upload speed.

Anyone know what they are?

With all the stuff happening in the cloud these days, I need the upload ability...

Last edited:

Dan C

Honorary Master
Never gonna get 6 up on ADSL , best bet is LTE or fibre

Budza

Executive Member
Never gonna get 6 up on ADSL , best bet is LTE or fibre

Yup.

We're talking 0.5 or 0.6 up for the slower accounts. You can get 1 up for the 10meg line.

I just need to know if there is a cheaper way to get the 1meg upload on ADSL, IE on the 6 or 8 meg line

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Yup.

We're talking 0.5 or 0.6 up for the slower accounts. You can get 1 up for the 10meg line.

I just need to know if there is a cheaper way to get the 1meg upload on ADSL, IE on the 6 or 8 meg line

I think that would depend if it's ADSL or ADSL2+, if it's ADSL it will be 8/0.5, if ASDL2+ you could maybe get 8/1.
On my 10Mbps line I have 10/1, but it ends up being 0.7Mbps up for burst and if you upload the rest of the net is dead. Uncapped LTE deal from Telkom is still the best bet if you require upload, even if they keep changing the FUP.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
I think that would depend if it's ADSL or ADSL2+, if it's ADSL it will be 8/0.5, if ASDL2+ you could maybe get 8/1.
On my 10Mbps line I have 10/1, but it ends up being 0.7Mbps up for burst and if you upload the rest of the net is dead. Uncapped LTE deal from Telkom is still the best bet if you require upload, even if they keep changing the FUP.

Think it's only the 10Mb lines that get 1Mb upload...

8Mb line stats:
8Mb line.JPG

Budza

Executive Member
Think it's only the 10Mb lines that get 1Mb upload...

8Mb line stats:

Pity.

I'll probably just go for the 0.5mb up on a 4mb down line and leave uploads on overnight.

I've been using Netlimiter to prevent Google Photos/OneDrive/Dropbox etc from killing the line.

It's pretty crazy what unchecked uploading does to your connection :(