Best uncapped ADSL that does NOT use Seacom?

adesignrsa

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend an uncapped ADSL service provider that does not rely on the Seacom cable?

I am with Mweb (line rented directly from Telkom), and aside from this (Seacom) aspect they are great.

Any advice greatly appreciated... even if it is to just sit it out and endure dial up speeds while they fix the damn thing... again.

~Ross

orin76

Expert Member
I'm on OpenWeb gold and at most I've experienced a 10% reduction in speed since the seacom issues began. Still managing about 200kB/s on a 2 Mb line.

GouKi

does telkom use seacom? i feel like its time to get off mweb. one day with ****ty international bandwidth, ok. 2 days going on 3... not acceptable.

GreenArrow

I use mweb and the only thing i can not do is use peer 2 peer. Everything else works perfectly.

Fox1

Executive Member
OpenWeb uses Seacom but things are running steady over here.

MartyMarts

Spontaneous Interruption
I use mweb and the only thing i can not do is use peer 2 peer. Everything else works perfectly.

Completely opposite experience for me. P2P is flying but browsing and http downloads moving at dial-up pace :wtf:

telkomsuig

Expert Member
webafrica, the IS backbone proved itself in the last week. My Usenet downloads are flying this week. Was streaming netflix and pandora concurrently without any issues yesterday evening.