Can I get a Static IP on CISP through SADV?

Peacock22

Hello Everyone,

Is it at all possible in any way, shape, or form to get a static IP address through Cool Ideas (or any other ISP) using SA Digital Villages Fibre?

SADV is busy installing Fibre in our neighborhood, but I require a Static IP, and I am worried that I will not be able to get one without going for a business FTTB connection which is not possible in my situation unfortunately.

I am willing to pay extra if I have to in order to get a static IP address.

Any help is kindly appreciated,
Peacock.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Hello Everyone,

Is it at all possible in any way, shape, or form to get a static IP address through Cool Ideas (or any other ISP) using SA Digital Villages Fibre?

SADV is busy installing Fibre in our neighborhood, but I require a Static IP, and I am worried that I will not be able to get one without going for a business FTTB connection which is not possible in my situation unfortunately.

Peacock.
Speak to your ISP. They should be able to get you a lease at a small fee, as we would need to lease them one from our blocks. As a rule we don't allocate fixed IP's on FTTH. I will ping my network guy and check as well though.

newby_investor

Expert Member
CISP generally offers static IPs only on business connections. I don't see a FTTB option with the specific fibre provider you mention on their website.

The other trick you can try is to get a cheap VPS and use an SSH tunnel from your home network to effectively get a static public IP. YMMV though on how well this works. Also depends on the application.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Hello Everyone,

Peacock.
Hi, I checked with my network, we can give you a static IP for an extra R99/month. If needed get your ISP to contact me if they are stuck.

Last edited: