Cell C fixed LTE data throughput experience

ezron

Thinking of going the telkom prepaid route as well. Is the B525 router any good and what speeds can I expect. Thanks

compu

Thinking of going the telkom prepaid route as well. Is the B525 router any good and what speeds can I expect. Thanks
It's a good router... speeds would be 300mb download and 50 upload i believe but always remember that it is depended on the network and their congestion.

ezron

It's a good router... speeds would be 300mb download and 50 upload i believe but always remember that it is depended on the network and their congestion.
Thanks. Any specials on this router or is Telkom's R1700 the best price?

Shamiel_1

Hi Ezron,

The B525 is a good and more advanced LTE router than the B315. They both look the same with minor addons here and there.

In terms of speed the B525 gives you speed up to 300mbps download and 50mbps upload, whereas the B315 is 150mbps download and 50mbps upload but works pretty well and should do the job and is cheaper that the B525 LTE router.

GlassMirror

Expert Member
That is correct man.

@Shamiel_1 You can buy as much as you want to man
Thanks man, just waiting on the end of the month for Afriscum's debit to go off and then I'm saying good bye. I'll come back to this thread with regular updates on my Cell C experience till cancelation and once I get the Telkom sim, be sure to expect some screenshots to be posted of my speeds.

compu

Thanks man, just waiting on the end of the month for Afriscum's debit to go off and then I'm saying good bye. I'll come back to this thread with regular updates on my Cell C experience till cancelation and once I get the Telkom sim, be sure to expect some screenshots to be posted of my speeds.
Lol i wish the Afriscum people would see this...but sadly they are not worth the fight anymore.

ezron

Telkom's price for the B525 just went up to R1999. If I get the router cheaper from somewhere else will it work on the telkom network or should I stick to the telkom one.

Shamiel_1

Telkom's price for the B525 just went up to R1999. If I get the router cheaper from somewhere else will it work on the telkom network or should I stick to the telkom one.
Hi Ezron,

Yes you can buy the router somewhere else... Do you want the B525 router? you can get a B315 LTE router as well and it should work.

8ta Network Optimist

Hi don’t waste your money on a new router. The Huawei B315 will work just fine on Telkom, at the moment there are many many people struggling to get anything more than 15mbps download. Buying a router that can handle faster speeds is useless if the LTE network is struggling including Telkom , Cell C , Afrihost etc etc..

GlassMirror

Expert Member
Hi don’t waste your money on a new router. The Huawei B315 will work just fine on Telkom, at the moment there are many many people struggling to get anything more than 15mbps download. Buying a router that can handle faster speeds is useless if the LTE network is struggling including Telkom , Cell C , Afrihost etc etc..
I know I was with Telkom before Cell C and still have a B618 with an external Poynting antenna so my speeds should be round a bout the same it was when I left

8ta Network Optimist

H
I got a call from from Cell C Today and I was advised that the matter will be escalated to the networks department and will be contacted. I have not received a call from the networks department as yet however I ran the usual test and the speed has improved tremendously(see below).

@bheinche I have not even tested the MTN APN settings as yet. I will test though and see which one is better. Will keep you posted. Thanks again.

View attachment 579486
Have you tried setting your router to 3G only? I get faster and more consistent speeds than 4G.

Shamiel_1

I live in Strand, and have Telkom fixed LTE-A, Huawei B618 router. I ran a Speedtest just now and got 78Mbps down (sometimes over 90Mbps!) and 7Mbps up, very stable signal. Who needs fibre ;-)
Nice!! glad to see that you getting such brilliant speeds :)

Rasta_zA

@Cell C

Seriously? How can things get worse instead of better when people complain in droves? This is now ongoing for more than 48 hours throughout the day, time of day doesnt matter. Thank the gods my cancellation is set for month end but dont think you can still slack on service levels because people decide to leave instead of fight for a simple service we pay for

1544011827372.png1544011871333.png