Cell C fixed LTE data throughput experience

bheinche

Expert Member
Yeah. I think theres to much effort to prove to a company whos staff wont listen that theres a problem with their product. Ill just cancel this month end and go with another provider. Much easier than wasting our time with Cell C's LTE.
I'll be cancelling this month as well and moving on to Telkom as I've had nothing but a trouble free experience with them and very high speeds (compared to now) up to the mid 20's

compu

I'll be cancelling this month as well and moving on to Telkom as I've had nothing but a trouble free experience with them and very high speeds (compared to now) up to the mid 20's
Get yourself the sim man, I am experiencing the best internet thus far on Telkom. Just a heads up.... 100gb day and 100 gb night data costs R755

compu

So for an extra R200 a month I can have trouble free internet, I'll take it.
Yep yep you should, just get the prepaid sim, as the consultant to make sure that it is set to smartbroadband wireless and get them to load the data and you all good to go

Adiebear

Cheese!!! Have issues with Telkom (landline/ADSL balls up), but Cell C doesn't look a viable option, from this and other threads.
Telkom prepaid seems the way until someone pulls their head out of their a$%*e.

bheinche

Expert Member
Yep yep you should, just get the prepaid sim, as the consultant to make sure that it is set to smartbroadband wireless and get them to load the data and you all good to go
Thanks dude so all I do is go to my nearest Telkom shop, buy the sim, ask the consultant to set it to smartbroadband wireless and after that ask for my monthly data allocation which in my case would be the 100GB option and I'm good to go

Shamiel_1

Thanks dude so all I do is go to my nearest Telkom shop, buy the sim, ask the consultant to set it to smartbroadband wireless and after that ask for my monthly data allocation which in my case would be the 100GB option and I'm good to go
Yeah i checked it out as well.. just google "telkom smart broadband prepaid" and you will see the options there... it seems that it's a double data deal on anytime and night data. it does however say "once off" but not sure how to top up again. Maybe compu can advise.

bheinche

Expert Member
Yeah i checked it out as well.. just google "telkom smart broadband prepaid" and you will see the options there... it seems that it's a double data deal on anytime and night data. it does however say "once off" but not sure how to top up again. Maybe compu can advise.
Thank you man, will do and see how it works out

compu

Sorry gents been a bit busy at work. Once you get yourself the sim and the data has been loaded, it will be valid for 31 days which to me seems to be fair. If you need to load data, i just downloaded the telkom app and registered myself and i am able to buy data from the app... it is pretty simple and may i add that i same streaming Netflix with absolutely no buffering. Infact i am streaming so much that i used up about 30gb already lol.

Rasta_zA

Just a heads up. When Cell C ask you to PM your details to them, they will say its with the network team and thats the last you will hear from them. At least, thats my experience.

bheinche

Expert Member
Just a heads up. When Cell C ask you to PM your details to them, they will say its with the network team and thats the last you will hear from them. At least, thats my experience.
Was mine too untill a "network technician" contacted me and told me there's no reason I should be getting such low speeds as I'm 600m away from the tower and they tested the base station and all is well with it. They basically told me it's my problem now. This is one of the many reason why I'll be cancelling

Shamiel_1

Was mine too untill a "network technician" contacted me and told me there's no reason I should be getting such low speeds as I'm 600m away from the tower and they tested the base station and all is well with it. They basically told me it's my problem now. This is one of the many reason why I'll be cancelling
I haven't heard anything back from Cell C either... the issue here is, when they do tests on the base stations most people is not at home... they need to test the base stations from 18:00 onwards when people get home from work and they will then see the issues we face.

@compu, can one top-up anytime or do you need to buy in "bulk"

"If you need to load data, i just downloaded the telkom app and registered myself and i am able to buy data from the app... it is pretty simple"

bheinche

Expert Member
I haven't heard anything back from Cell C either... the issue here is, when they do tests on the base stations most people is not at home... they need to test the base stations from 18:00 onwards when people get home from work and they will then see the issues we face.

@compu, can one top-up anytime or do you need to buy in "bulk"

"If you need to load data, i just downloaded the telkom app and registered myself and i am able to buy data from the app... it is pretty simple"
My guess would be that you buy the amount of airtime applicable to the data package you want and then buy your data through the app? @compu am I right?