Cell C fixed wireless LTE

iPearlK

My cell C fixed wireless has been down for 2 days now. Since Friday afternoon. Anyone else experiencing this problem? I’m in Hatfield, Pretoria. It’s so frustrating

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
Are you still struggling to get connected on your Fixed Wireless package?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Yes. And it’s allegedly been fixed today but I have no connection at all
I am sorry that I am only getting back to you now. :( Yes the issue was fixed, are you still without a connection?

iPearlK

Still no connection. And I have tried everything. Removing the SIM card and hard resetting. Nothing works. Mode is still on solid red.

Sumen

Expert Member
Still no connection. And I have tried everything. Removing the SIM card and hard resetting. Nothing works. Mode is still on solid red.
Have you forced the router to use 4G only?

racer

Ping: 34ms
Download: 0.57Mbps
Upload: 3.86Mbps

Before I start throwing things around, is there anything I can change/set on my router to make things better? Its the B315s-22 supplied by Afrihost with the Cell C package...

I've had it 2 weeks now and the only time I saw a semi-decent speed was at 5am one morning when speedtest showed a glorious 7Mbps download! Rest of the day, especially evenings I struggle to get 1Mbps. Which makes this pretty much useless for me....

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Damn.... that is horrible. :( Please send me a PM with your account information and I will try sort this out for you.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Download: 0.57Mbps
Upload: 3.86Mbps

Before I start throwing things around, is there anything I can change/set on my router to make things better? Its the B315s-22 supplied by Afrihost with the Cell C package...

I've had it 2 weeks now and the only time I saw a semi-decent speed was at 5am one morning when speedtest showed a glorious 7Mbps download! Rest of the day, especially evenings I struggle to get 1Mbps. Which makes this pretty much useless for me....

I am sorry that you are having a horrible time with your connection. :( Have you added our Afrihost APN settings yet?

racer

I am sorry that you are having a horrible time with your connection. :( Have you added our Afrihost APN settings yet?
Yes I've tried both Cell C and Afrihost apn.
Signal strength is 100%
Ping is ok, upload speeds are ok'ish, its just download speeds which are horrible - which points to congestion Im pretty sure.

If I send you my details are you able to open a ticket with Cell C? I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place now as I can't use this and I'm expected to pay R999 if I return it (which is a bloody disgrace, considering the product is rubbish and unusable).

racer

at least its consistent....

Download: 1.86Mbps
Upload: 6.70Mbps

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
at least its consistent....

Download: 1.86Mbps
Upload: 6.70Mbps

Hmmm..... this isn't right. Please send me a PM with your account information and we'll see what we can do to try and sort this out. We might need to do some more troubleshooting to try and figure out what is happening.

With regards to your single, what band are you getting 3G, 4G, ect?

racer

Hmmm..... this isn't right. Please send me a PM with your account information and we'll see what we can do to try and sort this out. We might need to do some more troubleshooting to try and figure out what is happening.

With regards to your single, what band are you getting 3G, 4G, ect?
I'm connecting at 4G with a full signal strength - have sent PM

Attachments

MirageF1

Expert Member
Anyone live South Peninsula way, Fish Hoek area...need to ascertain what signal and speeds are before investing in a 6 monther sim only package. It's for a relative.

Coverage map says full coverage but others have said that not always a surety that your speeds or connection is better than pathetic.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Anyone live South Peninsula way, Fish Hoek area...need to ascertain what signal and speeds are before investing in a 6 monther sim only package. It's for a relative.

Coverage map says full coverage but others have said that not always a surety that your speeds or connection is better than pathetic.
I have to say I haven't dealt with any clients having issues out that way. You shouldn't have any issues. :)

MirageF1

Expert Member
You shouldn't have any issues. :)
Shouldn't,wouldn't,couldn't...those words are not in my vocabulary when im being asked to sign a 6 month commitment.
Allow a 14 day cool-off and sure, i'll take my luck.
But no...too risky for your shareholders and directors pockets, of that i'm 150% sure.

You marketing/reps really live in another universe.