Cell C fixed wireless LTE

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Its time to cut the crap now. No amount of fiddling and diagnostics is going to fix a Cell C problem. Their network is saturated in certain places, as MANY people are reporting. I've humoured you by checking unnecessary things, but now its time to figure out what's next...

Tonight I took my router to my brother's house, and guess what? 15-20Mbps no problem.. Bring it back home, and this:

Ping: 33ms
Download: 0.59Mbps
Upload: 4.85Mbps

So here we go.. Either you report my address to Cell C and get them to upgrade their infrastructure, and let me know the progress thereof, or I'm packing this crap up and sending back to you,, and NOT AT ALL paying any router fee for a router i don't want nor need...

btw, i'm a Cisco qualified router engineer.. I know when i'm being stringed along to check "settings" and i know when the network is f8skec!
I see Cell C are doing maintenance on their LTE network between 3-4 tomorrow morning, here's hoping....

I fully understand that you are upset. I know how these can aggravate somebody. However, I do have ask that you tone the language here as I am only trying to help you.

Most of these issues are signal related and when we have addressed the signal issues the service has improved and this is all I am trying to do here.

Since the maintenance how is your signal performing?

racer

Most of these issues are signal related and when we have addressed the signal issues the service has improved and this is all I am trying to do here.

Since the maintenance how is your signal performing?
No discernible difference at all...

Ping: 34ms
Download: 1.6Mbps
Upload: 4.63Mbps

So how do we address signal issues? Noting that the router (B315) doesn't show the decibel info and the diagnostics option offers ping and traceroute, nothing there that will help either....

racer

in the meantime...

Ping: 35ms
Download: 0.35Mbps
Upload: 3.23Mbps

In the meantime the debit order has gone off and I'm meant to keep my language civil while being robbed.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
No discernible difference at all...

Download: 1.6Mbps
Upload: 4.63Mbps

So how do we address signal issues? Noting that the router (B315) doesn't show the decibel info and the diagnostics option offers ping and traceroute, nothing there that will help either....
in the meantime...

Ping: 35ms
Download: 0.35Mbps
Upload: 3.23Mbps

In the meantime the debit order has gone off and I'm meant to keep my language civil while being robbed.

I am sorry for getting back to you so late. Those results are horrible.

Since it looks like it the signal in your area the best thing for you to do is complete this form with Cell C: https://www.cellc.co.za/cellc/contact-us_network_feedback

They will look into the issues in your area.

racer

I am sorry for getting back to you so late. Those results are horrible.

Since it looks like it the signal in your area the best thing for you to do is complete this form with Cell C: https://www.cellc.co.za/cellc/contact-us_network_feedback

They will look into the issues in your area.
No, sorry.. I bought this service from Afrihost, and its your responsibility to take this up with Cell C... are you just happy to take clients' money every month and palm them off to someone else when there's a problem?

This product sucks donkey balls (and don't DARE tell me to tone my language again please).. I'm an Afrihost client and I demand Afrihost take this up with Cell C . You simply can't sell products that don't work and expect your clients to fill in forms on websites to get help with it.

This is what I expect:

YOU raise a priority ticket with Cell C to investigate and offer a solution.
Or, you come and collect this rubbish from me and refund me my payments.
And no, I will not pay you for a router I neither want nor need. You can claim that back from Cell C as you're quite willing to willy-nilly sell their non-working services.

I expect a suitable reply within 24 hours please.

BTW, this is the bullshit I'm putting up with right now.....

Ping: 33ms
Download: 0.46Mbps
Upload: 1.97Mbps

racer

btw, I decided to fill in the complaint form on Cell C's website anyway, just to see what the outcome would be....
got a reply via sms this morning... you can't make this up!

Attachments

racer

Afrihost reps doing a disappearance act again, while I wait to get what I pay for....

tonights Afrihost / Cell C rip-off...

Ping: 37ms
Download: 0.79Mbps
Upload: 2.36Mbps

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Shouldn't,wouldn't,couldn't...those words are not in my vocabulary when im being asked to sign a 6 month commitment.
Allow a 14 day cool-off and sure, i'll take my luck.
But no...too risky for your shareholders and directors pockets, of that i'm 150% sure.

You marketing/reps really live in another universe.
Unfortunately it's not really possible to do that given the logistical and data costs that we cover up front to get the product to you :(

racer

And while I'm still being ignored by Afrihost reps, this is tonight's speedtest on the Afrihost / Cell C rip-off...

Download: 0.6Mbps
Upload: 5.02Mbps

marioat1

Expert Member
And while I'm still being ignored by Afrihost reps, this is tonight's speedtest on the Afrihost / Cell C rip-off...

Download: 0.6Mbps
Upload: 5.02Mbps
They can't reply due to network issues.......

pinkscorpio68

We ordered a Cell C and Modem package on Wednesday, 14 Nov 2018, and to pay Pro Rata.

On Saturday, 17 Nov, we were contacted to confirm our delivery address. We were informed that the Modem will be delivered on Tuesday, 20 Nov. That is nearly a week.

"Debit Orders can take up to 5 days to clear.", "Delivery happens within 7 to 10 working days from payment clearance." Up to 2 weeks...

So what happened to Pro Rata, when Pro Rata should only be invoiced for from when receiving the device??? Are we being cheated out of our monies?

racer

Are we being cheated out of our monies?
They don't care.... Hope yours at least works when you get it. I'm certainly being cheated, and Afrihost don't give a toss. Have already spoken to bank to stop their debit order next month, and then I'll wait for the call....

racer

Broadband LTE as sold unashamedly by Afrihost!

Ping: 80ms
Download: 0.85Mbps
Upload: 3.77Mbps