Cell C fixed wireless LTE

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
No, sorry.. I bought this service from Afrihost, and its your responsibility to take this up with Cell C... are you just happy to take clients' money every month and palm them off to someone else when there's a problem?

This product sucks donkey balls (and don't DARE tell me to tone my language again please).. I'm an Afrihost client and I demand Afrihost take this up with Cell C . You simply can't sell products that don't work and expect your clients to fill in forms on websites to get help with it.

This is what I expect:

YOU raise a priority ticket with Cell C to investigate and offer a solution.
Or, you come and collect this rubbish from me and refund me my payments.
And no, I will not pay you for a router I neither want nor need. You can claim that back from Cell C as you're quite willing to willy-nilly sell their non-working services.

I expect a suitable reply within 24 hours please.

BTW, this is the bullshit I'm putting up with right now.....

Ping: 33ms
Download: 0.46Mbps
Upload: 1.97Mbps
btw, I decided to fill in the complaint form on Cell C's website anyway, just to see what the outcome would be....
got a reply via sms this morning... you can't make this up!
Afrihost reps doing a disappearance act again, while I wait to get what I pay for....

tonights Afrihost / Cell C rip-off...

Ping: 37ms
Download: 0.79Mbps
Upload: 2.36Mbps
And while I'm still being ignored by Afrihost reps, this is tonight's speedtest on the Afrihost / Cell C rip-off...

Ping: 34ms
Download: 0.6Mbps
Upload: 5.02Mbps
They don't care.... Hope yours at least works when you get it. I'm certainly being cheated, and Afrihost don't give a toss. Have already spoken to bank to stop their debit order next month, and then I'll wait for the call....
Broadband LTE as sold unashamedly by Afrihost!

Ping: 80ms
Download: 0.85Mbps
Upload: 3.77Mbps
I can fully understand that you are upset given that your service isn't the best.

I have simply been trying to assist you here. I sent you a link that will help you as these issues are due to physical problems in your area. These issues need to addressed by Cell C as we don't have access to their physical infrastructure. Please keep in mind that we are resellers of this service. This means we have limited control when it comes to make changes to help our clients.

You will need to follow the link I sent you and log this with Cell C as this is what they instructed us to tell our clients to do. Unfortunately if you choose not do this I am not sure there is anything else I can do to help you.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
We ordered a Cell C and Modem package on Wednesday, 14 Nov 2018, and to pay Pro Rata.

On Saturday, 17 Nov, we were contacted to confirm our delivery address. We were informed that the Modem will be delivered on Tuesday, 20 Nov. That is nearly a week.

"Debit Orders can take up to 5 days to clear.", "Delivery happens within 7 to 10 working days from payment clearance." Up to 2 weeks...

So what happened to Pro Rata, when Pro Rata should only be invoiced for from when receiving the device??? Are we being cheated out of our monies?
From what I understand you should only be charged from the day your service is activated. If you want me to credit you and remove the data you weren't able to use. Please send me a PM and I will sort you out.

racer

I can fully understand that you are upset given that your service isn't the best.
<snip>
You will need to follow the link I sent you and log this with Cell C as this is what they instructed us to tell our clients to do. Unfortunately if you choose not do this I am not sure there is anything else I can do to help you.
"isn't the best" is a bit of an understatement surely. I wouldn't mind if it were just not the best. its terrible!

If you read my reply properly, you'll see that I did follow the link and fill in the form, and Cell C smsd me to say I should contact my service provider! So that was a whole lot of a waste of time wasn't it?

I know that you're resellers, but you're making money off it nonetheless and its your responsibility to ensure that the products you sell are actually working. Blaming it on my area etc when the Cell C forums are FULL of similar complaints from all over is also not going to help.

Has this been escalated to someone higher up in Afrihost? Does your management even know about this? Don't you have reporting and ecsalation procedures in place with your suppliers to deal with products that aren't performing? Has a ticket even been opened with Cell C?

pinkscorpio68

Cell C and modem received yesterday...
Download: Max 5.98Mbps
Upload: Max 6.31Mbps
"You can generally expect speeds between 10–50Mbps." :crying: Wasted money...

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
"isn't the best" is a bit of an understatement surely. I wouldn't mind if it were just not the best. its terrible!

If you read my reply properly, you'll see that I did follow the link and fill in the form, and Cell C smsd me to say I should contact my service provider! So that was a whole lot of a waste of time wasn't it?

I know that you're resellers, but you're making money off it nonetheless and its your responsibility to ensure that the products you sell are actually working. Blaming it on my area etc when the Cell C forums are FULL of similar complaints from all over is also not going to help.

Has this been escalated to someone higher up in Afrihost? Does your management even know about this? Don't you have reporting and ecsalation procedures in place with your suppliers to deal with products that aren't performing? Has a ticket even been opened with Cell C?
I have sent you a PM regarding your address as there is something I need to confirm. I think I may have found the cause to your issue.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Cell C and modem received yesterday...
Download: Max 5.98Mbps
Upload: Max 6.31Mbps
"You can generally expect speeds between 10–50Mbps." :crying: Wasted money...
That is really horrible to hear. Are you seeing the same speeds throughout the day?

SlowInternet

Executive Member
I just have one question. Why does the coverage maps differ so much? According to the coverage maps on Afrihost and Vox I do not have coverage for CellC LTE. According to map on CellC website I do have.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I just have one question. Why does the coverage maps differ so much? According to the coverage maps on Afrihost and Vox I do not have coverage for CellC LTE. According to map on CellC website I do have.
Are you looking under the LTE-A section or Fixed Wireless?

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Are you looking under the LTE-A section or Fixed Wireless?
On Afrihost site I checked under the CellC fixed wireless. I know for a fact that a friend of mine has the CellC LTE 50Gb package and he is not very far from me. (But his deal is with Vox)

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
On Afrihost site I checked under the CellC fixed wireless. I know for a fact that a friend of mine has the CellC LTE 50Gb package and he is not very far from me. (But his deal is with Vox)
Could you please send me a PM with your Address? I will do a comparison then I will ask our Dev Team to check this out for you.

What i really don't understand is whether Afrihost blocks certain websites when using their service, I am unable to access CELL C Black on Afrihost Fixed Wireless LTE, All CellC websites are blocked but why is this an issue ?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
What i really don't understand is whether Afrihost blocks certain websites when using their service, I am unable to access CELL C Black on Afrihost Fixed Wireless LTE, All CellC websites are blocked but why is this an issue ?
Honesty we don't have any restrictions on our network. This means you shouldn't any issues gaining access to any domains.

If you are struggling to get to a certain website or port we need to do some troubleshooting. Please run a traceroute to the domain/IP in question.

Please paste the results here so we can see where you are being dropped. When you do this I will get our Noc Team to look into this for you.

cobusv

that ip address for cellc does not look right, i get the following

Pinging cellc.co.za [41.50.26.204] with 32 bytes of data: