Cell C fixed wireless LTE

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Shouldn't,wouldn't,couldn't...those words are not in my vocabulary when im being asked to sign a 6 month commitment.
Allow a 14 day cool-off and sure, i'll take my luck.
But no...too risky for your shareholders and directors pockets, of that i'm 150% sure.

You marketing/reps really live in another universe.
I am only trying to help you here. There is no way I can pinpoint if you are going to good service on a coverage map. These are calculated on estimations of where there should be quality connection. Meaning that there is a chance your connection won't be best.

If you have an issue I am sure if you reach out we'll sort something out for you. We don't want to tie you into something that you cannot use.

To say that we live in another universe isn't called for and it is a little personal.

MirageF1

Executive Member
To say that we live in another universe isn't called for and it is a little personal.
But it's the truth.

Why then would AH lock people into a contract when you can't even guarantee what they are paying for.
Go enlighten yourself and read through the thread/s where people voice their misgivings about Cell C signal quality/speeds and being roped into a 6 month contract for a sim only deal!

Fortunately I've been around in IT since mid 80s and seen and heard it all.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
But it's the truth.

Why then would AH lock people into a contract when you can't even guarantee what they are paying for.
Go enlighten yourself and read through the thread/s where people voice their misgivings about Cell C signal quality/speeds and being roped into a 6 month contract for a sim only deal!

Fortunately I've been around in IT since mid 80s and seen and heard it all.

As mentioned above, I am here to help you and if you have an issue I will make sure that don't for something that you cannot use. So I am offering you a way out if you want it.

I have read most of the threads so I am very familiar with all the issue ours clients are facing and the same offer I offered to you goes for them too. We don't want our clients to be unhappy and we are more than willing to work with them.

You are more than welcome to give it a try and if it isn't for you please send me a PM and we'll work something out. :)

racer

@AfriNatic I'm not convinced that there's a problem with my SIM.... If I get up early enough, the speeds are almost acceptable.... 7.30am this morning:

Ping: 36ms
Download: 7.43Mbps
Upload: 7.16Mbps

That's obviously still not what I'd expect from an LTE-A connection, but at least internet is usable and I'm able to stream Spotify, Youtube etc and still work...

Soon as people start coming online, it drops again.,. Last night I was experiencing sub 1Mbps speeds.

Surely this needs to be taken up with Cell C at a higher level?

racer

Compared to 7.30am this morning, this was 2.30pm Sunday afternoon:

Ping: 33ms
Download: 1.53Mbps
Upload: 5.38Mbps

Then there's also this (see pic below) 5 times out of 10, then one has to reload2-3 times before actually getting the site to load...

Attachments

racer

Peak Sunday night 9pm

Ping: 32ms
Download: 0.56Mbps
Upload: 4.84Mbps

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Peak Sunday night 9pm

Ping: 32ms
Download: 0.56Mbps
Upload: 4.84Mbps
Compared to 7.30am this morning, this was 2.30pm Sunday afternoon:

Download: 1.53Mbps
Upload: 5.38Mbps

Then there's also this (see pic below) 5 times out of 10, then one has to reload2-3 times before actually getting the site to load...
@AfriNatic I'm not convinced that there's a problem with my SIM.... If I get up early enough, the speeds are almost acceptable.... 7.30am this morning:

Ping: 36ms
Download: 7.43Mbps
Upload: 7.16Mbps

That's obviously still not what I'd expect from an LTE-A connection, but at least internet is usable and I'm able to stream Spotify, Youtube etc and still work...

Soon as people start coming online, it drops again.,. Last night I was experiencing sub 1Mbps speeds.

Surely this needs to be taken up with Cell C at a higher level?
Hmmm.... that does look bad. What is your signal strength like? Is there is any chance you can send me the decibels reading from the back end of your router?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
where would I find that? the signal strength shows 100% on the router's main page, can't find decibel levels anywhere though?
Thanks for the link formation. You will find that information here: click setting => system => device info. :)

racer

Have you tried to run the Diagnostic option?
Its time to cut the crap now. No amount of fiddling and diagnostics is going to fix a Cell C problem. Their network is saturated in certain places, as MANY people are reporting. I've humoured you by checking unnecessary things, but now its time to figure out what's next...

Tonight I took my router to my brother's house, and guess what? 15-20Mbps no problem.. Bring it back home, and this:

Download: 0.59Mbps
Upload: 4.85Mbps

So here we go.. Either you report my address to Cell C and get them to upgrade their infrastructure, and let me know the progress thereof, or I'm packing this crap up and sending back to you,, and NOT AT ALL paying any router fee for a router i don't want nor need...

btw, i'm a Cisco qualified router engineer.. I know when i'm being stringed along to check "settings" and i know when the network is f8skec!