• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Cell C Network Issues: Disconnects, Coverage, Throughput Problems - Report Here

Mity

Hi Mify

Please PM us the number in question and a number that we can reach you on.

^MP
Still the same issue. Nothing has changed. The 'consultants' called, normal tick box questions with no hope...

The problem is NOT with any of my setup. It affects multiple sims on multiple devices. We get the same low LTE signal and slow speeds across these devices and sims. The problem is with some tower or something in the Midrand (Carlswarld and Summerset) area. The same sims have normal performance in other areas. This has never been a problem before on theses sims, devices or area. The problem is therefore on your side.

Please send the above information to someone capable...

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Day 5 of the same issue not being resolved.
Hi Mity

We have tried to contact you on numerous occasions to no avail. Also, the Cell C number you have provided does not populate any information on our system. Please PM us the correct Cell C number and a number we can reach you on.

^SM

Mity

Day 6. Issue still not resolved. I give the consultants the same information that is already posted on here when they call.

Getting a call from a consultant is not going to fix the issue....

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Day 6. Issue still not resolved. I give the consultants the same information that is already posted on here when they call.

Getting a call from a consultant is not going to fix the issue....
Hi Mity

The matter has been reported to our Network Team.

^SM

Mity

LTE Service resorted after 10 days.

Full signal strength. Great ping.
Average of 8mbs down and 10mbps up. The download speed use to be >15mbps before the outage.

I hope it stays stable...

Thank you

Not sure if posting here is the right place, but I'm getting extremely high ping and packet loss to CS GO servers at night. It used to be fine for the past 2 months, but the previous 2 days has been unbearable at night.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Not sure if posting here is the right place, but I'm getting extremely high ping and packet loss to CS GO servers at night. It used to be fine for the past 2 months, but the previous 2 days has been unbearable at night.
Hi v3n0m0uS

Are you still experiencing the issue?

^MP

Hanzo

First and Last name: Zunaid Hans

Type of service (pre- or post-paid): pre

Time of Issue: 31Jul

Dongle / handset used, Make and Model: Samsung s5

What OS and version are you using on the connecting device (Windows / Mac / Linux): Android

Every single time I have a power failure in my area I need to call in and ask for a technician to be sent out to restore my internet connection.
Please can the issue be fixed at my connecting tower as I currently cannot use my 4g services

Last edited by a moderator:

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
First and Last name: Zunaid Hans

Type of service (pre- or post-paid): pre

Time of Issue: 31Jul

Dongle / handset used, Make and Model: Samsung s5

What OS and version are you using on the connecting device (Windows / Mac / Linux): Android

Every single time I have a power failure in my area I need to call in and ask for a technician to be sent out to restore my internet connection.
Please can the issue be fixed at my connecting tower as I currently cannot use my 4g services

Hi Hanzo

Thank you for the information.

The query has been raised.

Our team will be in touch.

^MP

Last edited by a moderator:

UZeRR

Time of issue: last couple of days
Device: Both LTE Huawei-B618 and Huawei-B315 routers
Contract Type (pre- or post-paid): Postpaid
Existing reference numbers from Helpdesk: Contacted MWEB ISP but to avail
www.speedtest.net results (if possible): ping 92ms, download 4.47 mbps, upload 17.76 Mbps
Any other information relevant to the problem: Internet on both routers worked fine first 2 months, but past week on and off all the time, not trying to play online games anymore, movies stop at one stage, just not buffering, nightmare just doing large emails attachments.....moerse gesukkel

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Yes I am. Only been able to test now and it's still the same. I've been told by the server hosting company it's a routing issue from CellC.
Hi v3n0m0uS

Please PM us the number in question, your location, and a number that we can contact you on.

^MP

Flamer283

I have the 50GB LTE from Axxess and at night especially when playing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds the latency skyrockets and the game throws a message saying "Network lag detected" which freezes the player in place until the latency settles a bit. This happens every few seconds making it very unplayable. This issue only happens at night and hoping that someone has a fix for this. I have tried rebooting, changing DNS but nothing works.

NicovR001

Good morning,
Have Cell C RTL30VW LTE-A home router. Connected Poynting +9db antenna. Very good signal now ..... but:
Ping: 568ms. Down L: 0.458meg.
Have line of sight to tower. Location - Jeffriesbay, Eastern cape. Paradise beach.
Can I get help on this form ... please.
NicovR001.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Good morning,
Have Cell C RTL30VW LTE-A home router. Connected Poynting +9db antenna. Very good signal now ..... but:
Ping: 568ms. Down L: 0.458meg.
Have line of sight to tower. Location - Jeffriesbay, Eastern cape. Paradise beach.
Can I get help on this form ... please.
NicovR001.
Hi NicovR001

Please send us the location and your contact details via PM.

^SM

simmakombe

Date & Time of Issue: 20 August 2018: 19:00
Device Manufacturer & Model : Huawei B315
Contract Type : Pre-Paid (WebAfrica)

This is our average speed that we experience in Costa Da Gama (Costa Mews Complex) everyday. Please help!!!

Attachments

Date & Time of Issue: 20 August 2018: 19:00
Device Manufacturer & Model : Huawei B315
Contract Type : Pre-Paid (WebAfrica)

This is our average speed that we experience in Costa Da Gama (Costa Mews Complex) everyday. Please help!!!
The exact same issue that I have with CellC.The data is only useful for youtube and can not be used for anything else.