• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Cell C Speed Test Results

Romito

Expert Member
So far, it seems Cell C's network runs fine on late evenings, in Summerstrand, Port Elizabeth. I will run another test during the day to see if there is an improvement. This is on Cell C's 3G network... When is Cell C going to bring LTE to the Eastern Cape... Vodacom, MTN, and Telkom Mobile got LTE here now.

The second test was done on my main laptop:

Will run another test in the morning to see if the network has really improved.
You're lucky to even have CellC 3G, I have to roam on Vodacom. I have taken it up with them only to be told that there is no time-frame to sort things out.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Anyone in and around Brentwood JHB area on CellC LTE?
I'll be moving into the area next week and I haven't been able to source a decent LTE SP yet.
Im hoping CellC is decent that side.

xera

Expert Member
Since midnight on the 1st April, the internet has been dropping every few minutes. I have to restart the modem for it to connect again. What is the problem Cell C?

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Since midnight on the 1st April, the internet has been dropping every few minutes. I have to restart the modem for it to connect again. What is the problem Cell C?
Hi xera

Please PM us the affected location and your contact details.

^SM

cavedog

Honorary Master
Battling to align my antenna. Not getting great speeds or signal.

Get decent low ping to league of legends EUW but does not seem to be stable because now and then it burst to 300ms. No lag though.

Looking for a decent tower between Rietspruit road and Summerfields Estate and Arundo Estate side as that is where I can point my antenna too.

See a couple like MTN tower in my estate and Vodacom tower in Summerfields Estate and Telkom tower just behind my estate but not sure the other towers which one is Cellc. Kosmosdal Centurion area.

Last edited:
This is what I've been getting since 2 weeks: CellC.png

Upload doesn't even finish most of the time. CellC says this is because of upgrades.... more like a huge downgrade to me.

Amazing speeds on CELL C LTE

I hooked my Huawei E5186 router up to my cell c sim card, I was not expecting anything amazing as the The model CPE I own only supports Cell C's 1800Mhz LTE and can not benifit from carrier agrigation

My results where
56,1 Mbps DL
25,2 Mbps UL
24Ping
21Jitter