Cell C Speed Test Results

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
I was amazed at my new CellC sim LTE Speeds when I received it. But then this happened today. See photos of my screen.
Is this normal at CellC?
I moved from Telkom 60Gig @ R599 a month to Cell C 50Gig @ R350 a month. But maybe it was a bad move?
Hi Ernest Himself

Are you still experiencing the issue?

^MP

Ernest Himself

Hello. So far so good thank you. It has been doing fast speeds since this morning and I am keeping an eye on it.
I will write an update tonight.
Maybe yesterdays slow speed problem was as a result of maintenance or something.

HowTo

Expert Member
My result using Huawei B618-22d router. Using LTE-A sim.

Ping: 15ms
Download: 12.89Mbps
Upload: 9.35Mbps

From what i have seen Speed is down. Will monitor as i go along
Cell C 4G+.jpg

HowTo

Expert Member
My result using Huawei B618-22d router. Using LTE-A sim.

Ping: 15ms
Download: 12.89Mbps
Upload: 9.35Mbps

From what i have seen Speed is down. Will monitor as i go along
View attachment 564587

GlassMirror

Expert Member
So this is today's result, check that ping and jitter:

Screenshot_20181111-120159.png

EDIT: It took me several attempts to upload this simple post

averylf

Hi well that is a load of nonsense, I stay in cape town and I don't get anything near 1 meg from 18pm to 23pm. I get 20 plus from 5am, the morning Cape Town wakes up I get 2 to 3 megs there after. Never to see 10 plus again.

Cellc is just a horrible network, I been complaining about this to Mweb since I got the Fixed LTE from them. Which was my biggest mistake ever!! I wont recommend LTE to anyone. Trust me I tried cancelling based on the issues I mentioned. They want to charge me R660 because its my fault I want to cancel. What I load of crap!!

GlassMirror

Expert Member
Hi well that is a load of nonsense, I stay in cape town and I don't get anything near 1 meg from 18pm to 23pm. I get 20 plus from 5am, the morning Cape Town wakes up I get 2 to 3 megs there after. Never to see 10 plus again.

Cellc is just a horrible network, I been complaining about this to Mweb since I got the Fixed LTE from them. Which was my biggest mistake ever!! I wont recommend LTE to anyone. Trust me I tried cancelling based on the issues I mentioned. They want to charge me R660 because its my fault I want to cancel. What I load of crap!!
I'm also in Cape Town, Oakglen to be more specific. It really is a bunch of nonsense that we're paying for "high speed broadband internet on a 4G network" but in the end we're getting EDGE speeds. I condsidered cancelling but Afrihost wants to charge me R999 to cancel.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi averylf

May you kindly provide us with your contract number, email address + an alternative contact number. We will refer this to our Network team.

^NT

averylf

Good day,

I am actually a Mweb Subscriber, as I have the Cellc package through them.
I explained to Mweb that I am cancelling my packaged based on the fact that Cellc isn't keeping to there product information. You tell me up to 30megs download on your package which is fine but you give me less the 1meg adsl but charge me LTE, Im really not a difficult client as I work in a internet environment. So I know about network strain and so on but who is online 1 or 2am?? Because I was and I still got the 2meg speed.
I explained this to Mweb and they logged a ticket with Cellc but you people tell me I'm far from the tower and that is why my speed is so bad, but I'm like literally 1 maybe 2 kilometers away with line of sight and on top of it you want to charge me R660 something for the router because I want to cancel it.

Now I don't mind you coming to fetch it, I will even be nice enough to bring it to a Cellc office because I really had enough of the poor and horrible service for the pass 8 maybe 9 months now. I will admit I had 1 maybe 1 and a half months of awesome speed after having 2 months of nothing but issues when I started and now I'm right back to endlessly issues and speed slower then Adsl internet, I shouldn't even call it Adsl because I would at least get half of my line speed.

This kinder service breaks the faith in a network because people is reading this and I'm not trying to make this hard in any sort of way or want anything out of it, because I don't.
Just cancel it, fetch your router and then we go our own ways after that.

I really hope this changes the outcome of the terrible service I have received

averylf

I'm also in Cape Town, Oakglen to be more specific. It really is a bunch of nonsense that we're paying for "high speed broadband internet on a 4G network" but in the end we're getting EDGE speeds. I condsidered cancelling but Afrihost wants to charge me R999 to cancel.
I understand exactly what you going threw, because I seriously thought I'm seeing stuff. I took LTE because it is suppose so be great and fast but I was lying to myself, I was hoping its going to be exactly what I thought is was going to be but nope. From issues to issues, seems like Cellc is following the issues that other networks had.

averylf

Hi averylf

May you kindly provide us with your contract number, email address + an alternative contact number. We will refer this to our Network team.

^NT

Sorry but I cant give my personal details out. If you can provide me with and email. I will surely send you my details.

GlassMirror

Expert Member
I understand exactly what you going threw, because I seriously thought I'm seeing stuff. I took LTE because it is suppose so be great and fast but I was lying to myself, I was hoping its going to be exactly what I thought is was going to be but nope. From issues to issues, seems like Cellc is following the issues that other networks had.
Yeah I know, I posted my trails in these threads

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/very-poor-cell-c-fixed-wireless-connection-in-black-heath-capetown.988284/page-2

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/cell-c-fixed-lte-data-throughput-experience.971831/page-6

averylf

Thanks for the threads, honestly speaking I giggled so lekka now that my stomach hurts. Its amazing how the upload speed is awesome, I'm always hitting the 15megs up but never getting the 15megs down lol. It sucks but I seriously hope this get fixed.

I mean I work hard for my money and I pay hard cash which they deduct quick quick with out failure but when it comes to service then they take there own time to sort out and find every excuse in the book.

8ta Network Optimist

Thanks for the threads, honestly speaking I giggled so lekka now that my stomach hurts. Its amazing how the upload speed is awesome, I'm always hitting the 15megs up but never getting the 15megs down lol. It sucks but I seriously hope this get fixed.

I mean I work hard for my money and I pay hard cash which they deduct quick quick with out failure but when it comes to service then they take there own time to sort out and find every excuse in the book.
Have you tried setting your router to 3G only and retest speed. I get faster speeds on 3G than 4G.