Cell C fixed LTE data throughput experience

vuyanir

I have the same issue and it has been going on for more than 6 months now. I have called Cell C's customer care a million times but I do not get any help. The last agent told me that Cell C is busy with upgrades on their towers and the speeds will be restored as soon as the update is completed. That was about 4 months ago and the internet speeds is still messed up. Below is the story of my life. I cannot wait till this cell c contract to expire so that I can leave Cell C for good.
1542225154673.png

GlassMirror

Expert Member
I have the same issue and it has been going on for more than 6 months now. I have called Cell C's customer care a million times but I do not get any help. The last agent told me that Cell C is busy with upgrades on their towers and the speeds will be restored as soon as the update is completed. That was about 4 months ago and the internet speeds is still messed up. Below is the story of my life. I cannot wait till this cell c contract to expire so that I can leave Cell C for good.
View attachment 578970
Bro that's the story of my life right there
Every night, like clockwork speeds just drop to below 0.50mbps from 18:00 till 10:30. I learned recently to change my APN settings to MTN's in order to roam on their network. Speeds have marginally increased compared to the past few nights:

Screenshot_20181114-224141.png

NewBiks

Every night, like clockwork speeds just drop to below 0.50mbps from 18:00 till 10:30. I learned recently to change my APN settings to MTN's in order to roam on their network. Speeds have marginally increased compared to the past few nights:

View attachment 578978
Could shoot me a message with the MTN APN when you have a chance. Would like to run a couple tests with it.

vuyanir

View attachment 578978
Dude!!! Please hit me with the MTN APN setting. Please Please Please...

compu

View attachment 578978
Yo man , could i also have those APN settings.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi Shamiel

Would like to apologize for not responding.

Kindly advise us what issues are you experiencing with the coverage?

^NZ

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
View attachment 578970
Hi Vuyanir

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Kindly PM us your Cell C/ID number in question, your physical address, alternative number we can reach you on, make and model of the device you are using.

^NZ

Shamiel_1

Hi Shamiel

Would like to apologize for not responding.

Kindly advise us what issues are you experiencing with the coverage?

^NZ
@Cell_C coverage is not the issue by most of us if you've managed to read most of the previous posts... we are struggling to get good LTE speeds where most people are getting 0.50mbps or less sometime it's 0.00mbps (this is a joke to be honest) on an LTE connection?

I have a Cell C Fixed Wireless package with Afrihost and since I've taken this package i get very very very slow speeds between 18:00 and 22:00 and i understand that somehow words will be mentioned in this line "the base station is congested" but what is Cell C doing about this as we as consumers are paying for this service and we expect the service to be worth our while but at this point it's bad very bad. I get connection reset errors most of the time need to restart my router multiple times yet i need to pay for all of this...

Last edited:

VioletVenom

@Cell_C coverage is not the issue by most of us if you've managed to read most of the previous posts... we are struggling to get good LTE speeds where most people are getting 0.50mbps or less sometime it's 0.00mbps (this is a joke top be honest) on an LTE connection?

I have a Cell C Fixed Wireless package with Afrihost and since I've taken this package i get very very very slow speeds between 18:00 and 22:00 and i understand that somehow words will be mentioned in this line "the base station is congested" but what is Cell C doing about this as we as consumers are pay for this service and we expect the service to be worth our while but at this point it's bad very bad. I get connection reset errors most of the time need to restart my router multiple times yet i need to pay for all of this...

Your so right I have another thread for the same issue and the way you explained it is absolutely right Shamiel. What is being done about this throughput experience all us fixed wireless subs are having. AS according to the Afrihost website all is well on the network when it clearly isnt. @AfriGuy @Afrigirl Assistance for your struggling clients please. @Cell_C

GlassMirror

Expert Member
EDIT: Realised I posted in the wrong thread, but useful info anyway

So I just got off the phone with the Cell C tech at head office. After confirming the cellphone number of the SIM in the router, my address and ID number. A call was logged with the Onsite Network Team here in Cape Town to investigate the issues that I am experiencing. My guess would be that next steps would now be that the ticket will be handed over to the onsite team, they will then ask me what Cell_ID the router is connected to and test that base station and any others the router might connect to. After which, that tower will be investigated then. That's it for now, let's see if anything happens. In the meantime, I will be roaming via the MTN APN till/when/if this issue is sorted

VioletVenom

So I just got off the phone with the Cell C tech at head office. After confirming the cellphone number of the SIM in the router, my address and ID number. A call was logged with the Onsite Network Team here in Cape Town to investigate the issues that I am experiencing. My guess would be that next steps would now be that the ticket will be handed over to the onsite team, they will then ask me what Cell_ID the router is connected to and test that base station and any others the router might connect to. After which, that tower will be investigated then. That's it for now, let's see if anything happens. In the meantime, I will be roaming via the MTN APN till/when/if this issue is sorted
Will wait for your feedback. Thanks for the update it is appreciated.

Shamiel_1

Hi Bheinche,

Thank you for the information... I guess Cell C should send the Onsite Network team all over Cape Town to investigate the base stations as all of us are having the same issues no matter what ISP you with :) Please can you send me the APN settings for MTN you are using?

Thanks
Sham

GlassMirror

Expert Member
Hi Bheinche,

Thank you for the information... I guess Cell C should send the Onsite Network team all over Cape Town to investigate the base stations as all of us are having the same issues no matter what ISP you with :) Please can you send me the APN settings for MTN you are using?

Thanks
Sham
Hi Sham, hahaha yeah I think they should do that. But the only way they will is if we continue to moan and raise issues with our ISP's and not stop till someone actually goes onsite to fix whatever mess is going on.

The APN is quite simple for MTN really, just create a new APN Profile on your router and in the APN section type: myMTN

Shamiel_1

Hi Sham, hahaha yeah I think they should do that. But the only way they will is if we continue to moan and raise issues with our ISP's and not stop till someone actually goes onsite to fix whatever mess is going on.

The APN is quite simple for MTN really, just create a new APN Profile on your router and in the APN section type: myMTN
Thank you Bheinche for the APN details and yes we need to keep moaning because we paying for the service it's just fair. :) keep us posted on your previous feedback.

GlassMirror

Expert Member
Thank you Bheinche for the APN details and yes we need to keep moaning because we paying for the service it's just fair. :) keep us posted on your previous feedback.
I'll do so, in the meantime you can also log a ticket with your ISP and see how they handle the matter

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
@Cell_C coverage is not the issue by most of us if you've managed to read most of the previous posts... we are struggling to get good LTE speeds where most people are getting 0.50mbps or less sometime it's 0.00mbps (this is a joke to be honest) on an LTE connection?

I have a Cell C Fixed Wireless package with Afrihost and since I've taken this package i get very very very slow speeds between 18:00 and 22:00 and i understand that somehow words will be mentioned in this line "the base station is congested" but what is Cell C doing about this as we as consumers are paying for this service and we expect the service to be worth our while but at this point it's bad very bad. I get connection reset errors most of the time need to restart my router multiple times yet i need to pay for all of this...
Please advise us where are you currently situated experiencing low speed?

^NZ