Cheap Webhosting - Anyone?

goocreations

I'm looking for cheap webhosting plans, that should contain:

Space: +- 100mb
php: yes
mysql: yes (a small DB like 5mb will be fine)
domain: .com domain (like: mydomain.com)
email: at least 1 email address with my domain (info@mydomain.com)
ftp: yes
popups: NO!!!

Can anyone suggest a good website hoster with these requirnments.

I also noticed that some providers offer free webhosting and then you pay only for the domain. I would love this, but I don't want the provider to close my website every now and then.

Please, anyone?

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
You get what you pay for.

For those requirements you should look at R200pm. Get yourself a reseller package instead. That way you pay one monthly fee an can hook in a couple of domains. Great if you plan to do more sites.

RSkeens

Expert Member
I also noticed that some providers offer free webhosting and then you pay only for the domain. I would love this, but I don't want the provider to close my website every now and then.
Be sure to check their overall uptime records especially for the server that you will be placed on. Some providers promise 99.9% but fail to achieve even elementary 99.5%

If you want cheap prices, you generally can't really beat international.

Tiny3001

serv.co.za

It doesn't matter were the server is located. Whoevere is cheaper
I'm hosting about three of my own sites on Serv.co.za

Check out their prices, they pretty much have all that you require and more... for ±R40 a month?

Bismuth

Expert Member
I'm hosting about three of my own sites on Serv.co.za

Check out their prices, they pretty much have all that you require and more... for ±R40 a month?
Yes, I will second this, have one site at serv.co.za, their cheapest option, which should more than satisfy your needs, is about R30/month.

B

guest2013-1

I'm looking for cheap webhosting plans, that should contain:

Space: +- 100mb
php: yes
mysql: yes (a small DB like 5mb will be fine)
domain: .com domain (like: mydomain.com)
email: at least 1 email address with my domain (info@mydomain.com)
ftp: yes
popups: NO!!!

Can anyone suggest a good website hoster with these requirnments.

Please, anyone?
I would go for the Hatchling Plan from Hostgator for $4.95:

Space: Unlimited
php: Yes
mysql: Unlimited
domain: Once-Off registration fee (renewable yearly)
email: Unlimited
ftp: Yes

$4.95 = R37 odd so for what you get and what pay for it's best IMO

bratwurst

Expert Member
Hahahahaha, subject to 36 month contract!!!!
Yea, 4.75 * 36 = R171. Even if you just host with them for a year its a bargain :D

If you want decent support and dnt mind paying R29 go to elitehost. You wnt regret it.

Pixual

Expert Member
Any web hosting company that offers you "unlimited" anything is lying through their teeth.

kilos

Expert Member
Any web hosting company that offers you "unlimited" anything is lying through their teeth.
Like Flexihostings that I host with, I doubt whether they have truly have unlimited
Why do I say that - I have logged at least 4 tickets with "Out of Disk space" errors

They use to be a pain swopping servers (& IP address) every 12 months about 2 years ago, but thank goodness they are now stable and no more moving to new servers.

Been with them for 6 years now including Reseller account too.

Hetzner.co.za have dropped their hosting prices and offer good entry level options.

JasonH

thanx for www.host-it-4u.co.za
This was exactly what i was looking for
Glad you're sorted :) You might want to keep in mind that they have only had that domain live for a month, yet want you to be bound to a 36 months contract .. a bit dodgy in my opinion, not to mention the fact that their website is pretty low standard. Anyway..