Contemplating a Vasectomy-any advice?

Arthur

Honorary Master
Nonsense from our "every sperm is sacred" apostle.

It's not a pleasant experience but it's not bad. Pain is mimimal, it's uncomfortable, and there is NO WAY you are going to get sex during recovery due to the absolute unsexiness of the support jock strap.

But once that's done your wife/gf will be very happy. That normally comes with rewards.
:ROFL: Facts obviously don't matter to you, hence your pathetic little ad hominem. For the record, no Catholic on earth believes "every sperm is sacred". That you choose to toss such claptrap says a lot. And I'm a huge Monty Python fan.

Facts?
:ROFL: Facts obviously don't matter to you, hence your pathetic little ad hominem. For the record, no Catholic on earth believes "every sperm is sacred". That you choose to toss such claptrap says a lot. And I'm a huge Monty Python fan.
Facts? Why don't you show us some facts to support your views on the subject, eg, support this:

Not a good idea.

Found this for you. And that's not even touching the important things.
What exactly ARE the "important" things?

Later edit, I love, no, I LOVE the way that your article is interspersed with pics of a roulette table, a fetus and a stock pic of a "sad" guy - that doesn't color your link AT ALL. No bias detectable there. No, sirree.

Last edited:

Arthur

Honorary Master
Facts?

Facts? Why don't you show us some facts to support your views on the subject, eg, support this:

What exactly ARE the "important" things?

Later edit, I love, no, I LOVE the way that your article is interspersed with pics of a roulette table, a fetus and a stock pic of a "sad" guy - that doesn't color your link AT ALL. No bias detectable there. No, sirree.
Google search. Quick scan on phone before posting. Don't know the site from a bar of soap. Seems to relate a guy's not-so-great experience.

Google search. Quick scan on phone before posting. Don't know the site from a bar of soap. Seems to relate a guy's not-so-great experience.
Uh... so you have no idea what you are talking about?

Ok, then.

"Pathetic" is the word you chose to describe my post; what word would you suggest I use to describe yours?

Arthur

Honorary Master
Uh... so you have no idea what you are talking about?

Ok, then.

"Pathetic" is the word you chose to describe my post; what word would you suggest I use to describe yours?
Your post is a perfectly fine post - it's the flinging of a nonsense ad hominem that's uncalled-for, not because I have a thin skin but because it's an attempt to delegitimise a dissenting view by stigma, and an erroneous one at that.

Of course you might have a different view. That's fine by me.

Your post is a perfectly fine post - it's the flinging of a nonsense ad hominem that's uncalled-for, not because I have a thin skin but because it's an attempt to delegitimise a dissenting view by stigma, and an erroneous one at that.

Of course you might have a different view. That's fine by me.
This is a very wordy non-defence.

Perhaps you'd like to defend your post #73 instead of embarking on a defence of your current red herring.

To wit:
Not a good idea.

Found this for you. And that's not even touching the important things.

Last edited:
Edit: in response to Arthur

But no doubt the answer is that "procreation for recreation is sinfull" in line with the catholic church's inability to separate ****ing from fun.

Sweevo said:
The op is painless, the injection not so much but it's quick.
Definitely easier for you. Also potentially reversable if necessary (though how much so, I'm not sure).
It is not sore, so much as deeply uncomfortable. You can choose general anaesthetic which solves that problem, or local (I had planned to drive home myself afterwards, so I chose local). After the initial local anaesthetic there is no pain but the feeling of the tubes being pulled around is not nice. And you feel like you got a kick in the nuts for a few days afterwards; not sore so much, more of a dull ache. It's manageable.

It is reversable but medical aid will not pay for the reversal; and success is not guaranteed.

FWIW Discovery covered 100% of the costs for mine. It was around R3500 at Vincent Pallotti in C.T.

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
I don't know a single guy that had pain afterwards, and I know many that went, even myself. I was numb down there for a day or two, then nothing ever again.
My right nut swelled to the size of a tennis ball a few weeks after my op. Was on really strong pain pills for a while. Had discomfort in the right zone for many years.

But I have no regrets.

You see it was my fault. I did not support things very well (boxers don't give support) and stubbornly started to cycle earlier than I should have resulting in a the "injury". My GP had a good laugh and I really mean a good laugh when he saw it.

Second the discomfort was from being obese and I had to loose the fat. Since my weight is better no more discomfort.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Edit: in response to Arthur

But no doubt the answer is that "procreation for recreation is sinfull" in line with the catholic church's inability to separate ****ing from fun.
:ROFL: haha another bit of claptrap. Where do you get this crap?

Since it was you who raised religion, let me set your ignorance straight.

In the Catholic view, sex is a very great good indeed because it's the way Almighty God, the Author of life, enables us to cooperate with His creation of new life. Out of love. That's why we Catholics call it procreation, ie deputy creation, sharing in God's wonderful authoring of life. Sex is God's creation and, like everything He creates, it is very good indeed. You might be thinking of Calvinists...

What is sinful is sex outside of the bond called marriage. For all sorts of obvious reasons that can be discussed elsewhere, because your raising of the religion red-herrings is a thread deflection.

Arzy

Honorary Master
I still maintain its the best thing that I could have done. The op itself was fine, slight discomfort for a few days and then all back to normal.

As with any medical procedure there is a chance for complications but I find you generally mitigate this by using the right Dr.

All in I'll continue to advise guys to do it. Have 2 colleagues who already went after I had mine done. It's actually a lot more common than I would have thought.

Major plus side for me, along with not having more kids, is that it is one less concern for my wife which has its own benefits.

Just had mine done this morning... hoping for a pleasant-ish weekend ahead.

:)
So let’s go with some recent feedback. NOt sure I’ll get to it again for more tomorrow. But yesterday wasn’tbad. Nor was it actually sore or a “kick in the nuts”.walking was just uncomfortable and considering the importance of this to me and my family I’m treating my member with care. The only pain so far was the injection for the local. And got up from the couch wrong and felt a teeny niggle. But nothing else. Doc gave me myprodol as a precaution and said to use it - Don’t be stupid. So maybe I’m “ok” because of that. Also my wife tells me I’m horrendous when it comes to pain. :) and I’ve been ok. Hoping it all continues... and like I said due to the importance of this for us. I don’t need ANY complications. So I’ll be taking it easy for the weekend and back to my office come Monday...

The_Mowgs

Executive Member
So let’s go with some recent feedback. NOt sure I’ll get to it again for more tomorrow. But yesterday wasn’tbad. Nor was it actually sore or a “kick in the nuts”.walking was just uncomfortable and considering the importance of this to me and my family I’m treating my member with care. The only pain so far was the injection for the local. And got up from the couch wrong and felt a teeny niggle. But nothing else. Doc gave me myprodol as a precaution and said to use it - Don’t be stupid. So maybe I’m “ok” because of that. Also my wife tells me I’m horrendous when it comes to pain. :) and I’ve been ok. Hoping it all continues... and like I said due to the importance of this for us. I don’t need ANY complications. So I’ll be taking it easy for the weekend and back to my office come Monday...
Rather come today to see if its still working.

Hi All
Any of you guys had these? any advice will be appreciated:
*Is it painful after the op and how long does it take to recover?
*does ejaculating feel different?
*does it have a big influence on your sex-life?
*anything else I should take into consideration or be on the lookout for?
I had it done around 10 years ago. Very little pain - a dull ache for maybe a day. Nothing feels different. Of course there's always a chance of some sort of adverse reaction to surgery, but in general terms, this is a trivial operation, and you've got no reason to be concerned.

Haven't used those but I went to Sunninghill Hospital which is not too far from there, Dr Cornish. Was a pretty painless process, he was generally on time for appointments, I'd recommend him.

Dr Clive Landman at the Mediclinic on Panoroma road in Centurion. Explained the entire process. Procedure was done in their procedure room and Discovery paid. Best part that it is done on time by appointment and I didn't have to wait at the hospital in a queue for the Surgeon to eventually get to me :)