Status
Not open for further replies.

jannier

Expert Member
We are swapping optics at the main peering location in Cape Town today on both sides, will update once done and you can then continue to test and let me know.

Thank you for the feedback Paul....
I was just coming online to ask what has happen now because things are dead slow, time outs, high latency to local Cape Town sites and International is all over the place.

Good luck!! hope you guys can get this sorted out.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Is there an ETA on this as it seems international traffic is down. I've logged a ticket [Ticket ID: COOL-20180322-87796] for West Beach area in Cape Town. Confirmed with neighbours using Cisp aswell. Bad day for working from home.

There is a general Octotel issue, we are looking into it with them apologies for the interruption.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Thank you for the feedback Paul....
I was just coming online to ask what has happen now because things are dead slow, time outs, high latency to local Cape Town sites and International is all over the place.

Good luck!! hope you guys can get this sorted out.

This part has been changed and routing back to normal.

jannier

Expert Member
OK so lets test, PC directly connected to CPE.

Interworks

Clear Access

Vox

Vodacom

Cool Ideas Randburg

Vodafone London

Looking good :)
So lets hope this holds up for the 6pm - 11pm time slot.

blacklung

There is a general Octotel issue, we are looking into it with them apologies for the interruption.

Service seems to be back to normal ( Westbeach area )
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by Clear Access (Cape Town) [1.23 km]: 5.199 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 98.10 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed................................................................................................
Upload: 96.66 Mbit/s

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Yeap Octotel replaced the optic on their side and errors stopped.

jannier

Expert Member
@PBCool

What ever was done today local speeds in Cape Town are perfect tonight, get consistent solid full line speed.

Interworks

Vodacom

The Cape Town to Cool Ideas Randburg is still all over the place. Strange thing, download speed starts at full speed and then bleeds off. Upload seems mostly fine.

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool

What ever was done today local speeds in Cape Town are perfect tonight, get consistent solid full line speed.

Interworks

Vodacom

The Cape Town to Cool Ideas Randburg is still all over the place. Strange thing, download speed starts at full speed and then bleeds off. Upload seems mostly fine.

Great.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Hi PBCool, I got disconnected tonight at 23h05 approximately and it would not connect after trying for a few minutes. I will try again a bit later in the evening, but for now I have reverted back to my ADSL connection.

I am connected via Frogfoot in the Century City area (Cape Town).

I've emailed support, no ticket number as yet. Fortunately it's not the end of the world, my ADSL is still running for the next few weeks.

Edit: Lights are green on the CCC ONT and green on the Frogfoot Mikrotik router.
Orange on the WR840N CISP router.

Edit2: Thanks, CISP support replied,
I can confirm that we received an emergency change notification from Frogfoot a few minutes ago for emergency maintenance that is taking place right now.

They don't expect the maintenance to take very long but have not provided an exact ETA.

Regards
----------------------------------------------
Ticket ID: #COOL-20180322-88213

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
This was at 1:13am:

Dear Frogfoot Customer

Please be advised that this maintenance has gone over the change window. We have encountered an unplanned system error, and we ae busy troubleshooting.

We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused, and endeavour to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Frogfoot Change Control

Armizael

This was at 1:13am:

Dear Frogfoot Customer

Please be advised that this maintenance has gone over the change window. We have encountered an unplanned system error, and we ae busy troubleshooting.

We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused, and endeavour to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Frogfoot Change Control

Thanks for the update - hopefully they resolve it quickly.
Burning through my mobile data :eek:

randomgamer

Hi PBCool, I got disconnected tonight at 23h05 approximately and it would not connect after trying for a few minutes. I will try again a bit later in the evening, but for now I have reverted back to my ADSL connection.

I am connected via Frogfoot in the Century City area (Cape Town).

I've emailed support, no ticket number as yet. Fortunately it's not the end of the world, my ADSL is still running for the next few weeks.

Edit: Lights are green on the CCC ONT and green on the Frogfoot Mikrotik router.
Orange on the WR840N CISP router.

Edit2: Thanks, CISP support replied,

I'm having the same issue in Century City.

ajan

Anyone else have no throughput with OS? Been unable to use the net since 8am.

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
Just how uncapped is your uncapped packages, what usage can one have on a 100mbps line before you say listen behave ?

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Just how uncapped is your uncapped packages, what usage can one have on a 100mbps line before you say listen behave ?

I've done terabytes in a single month without issue. Average usage for my (fairly big) household is probably around 1TB. Cool Ideas claim no shaping or throttling, and I've never noticed either taking place.

Status
Not open for further replies.