• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.
I haven't done an order in a while so I don't know if things changed but usually sadv has a website specifically for your complex and you can sign up there and select the ISP you want.
Then the order flows through to cool ideas and so it's along those lines.
Thanks, got the sadv site now, got this: Capture.PNG

LevanM

Hi All
I have complained on here before a couple of times and in some cases, I did not.
From day one, I have had issues with my line with several calls and tickets to Cool Ideas who ask me to do the same tests all the time when clearly my issue is persistent from the ticket history however, I inform them that I have done the tests.
A ticket is then logged with MFN and a day later it is working again but with packet loss and degraded speed.
In addition, being at work I am not aware of what goes on during the day; I have a family member at home who has informed me that the line goes down daily at different times and gets slow (25MB with one user)
I reported these two nights ago to CI and they said it would be noted in the ticket.
I am now again offline and frustrated. I logged the same with CI this morning: #COOL-20180922-149183 - Line Issues
My router runs a script and part of it is to reboot daily and after the reboot it does not work and I am left with having to report it or wait hours until it works again. (Laptop plugged direct into the CPE dialling a PPPoE also fails to connect)

StoneCold

Expert Member
Thanks for the reply, so how long do they take to setup after the complex "goes live"?
Relatively quick I'd say. Can't really talk from experience, as I'm not in a complex. However, if the SADV site shows your complex as "live" it should be quick as it's basically just the CPE that needs to be installed and you should be good to go.

Hi All
I have complained on here before a couple of times and in some cases, I did not.
From day one, I have had issues with my line with several calls and tickets to Cool Ideas who ask me to do the same tests all the time when clearly my issue is persistent from the ticket history however, I inform them that I have done the tests.
A ticket is then logged with MFN and a day later it is working again but with packet loss and degraded speed.
In addition, being at work I am not aware of what goes on during the day; I have a family member at home who has informed me that the line goes down daily at different times and gets slow (25MB with one user)
I reported these two nights ago to CI and they said it would be noted in the ticket.
I am now again offline and frustrated. I logged the same with CI this morning: #COOL-20180922-149183 - Line Issues
My router runs a script and part of it is to reboot daily and after the reboot it does not work and I am left with having to report it or wait hours until it works again. (Laptop plugged direct into the CPE dialling a PPPoE also fails to connect)
:eek::eek::eek: Is CISP usually like this? or is this an anomaly?

Relatively quick I'd say. Can't really talk from experience, as I'm not in a complex. However, if the SADV site shows your complex as "live" it should be quick as it's basically just the CPE that needs to be installed and you should be good to go.
We got a letter from the BC and they said we must go on the website about 2 or 3 weeks before the "Estimated Go Live date " and register for a line, and then the techs will be there just as they finish the complex installation... can this be right? Or are the BC being fed some manure?

StoneCold

Expert Member
We got a letter from the BC and they said we must go on the website about 2 or 3 weeks before the "Estimated Go Live date " and register for a line, and then the techs will be there just as they finish the complex installation... can this be right? Or are the BC being fed some manure?
I'd take what the BC said with a pinch of salt. I've seen various complexes on SADV's site with an estimated live date only be changed / postponed again with another 2 or 3 months. Rather wait till the site says it's live, otherwise you might just end up being disappointed with a "fake" date.

I'd take what the BC said with a pinch of salt. I've seen various complexes on SADV's site with an estimated live date only be changed / postponed again with another 2 or 3 months. Rather wait till the site says it's live, otherwise you might just end up being disappointed with a "fake" date.
That's what I thought, because while I may be new to Fibre I am NOT new to "internet lying" (looking at Telkom)

StoneCold

Expert Member
Also, do I need to sign up for sadv to get the ONT/CPE? or can i sign up directly to CISP and then they will get sadv to come connect it?
Go via SADV's site as you place the order on their infrastructure. You'll have the option on SADV's site to choose CISP as ISP. SADV provides the CPE and CISP a router if you don't have your own :)

Go via SADV's site as you place the order on their infrastructure. You'll have the option on SADV's site to choose CISP as ISP. SADV provides the CPE and CISP a router if you don't have your own :)
Thanks, I will do just that. Thank you very much for the quick responses :). 'cause I don't want to go with sadv as the ISP, they are like 300 bucks more than CISP per month :eek:. BTW... did anyone ever use sadv as an ISP? how do they compare to CISP?

Tinuva

The Magician
Yet there is no announcement on there website. Disappointing
Looking at my smokeping graphs, CISP network is 100% in JHB (even though I am in CPT).

I suspect you will find, there is a fibre break affecting some of the FTTH provider networks in JHB, used as their primary route.