Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool Ideas you really need to look at employing more staff to field calls called up 4 times so far today average spent on the line 20mins+ each time and issues still not sorted.
 
There does seem to be some issues with our Joburg Cape Town

There's been intermittent issues with the link going from cape town to joburg for a while now, but this current issue is probably unrelated. I get packetloss to joburg servers particularly in counter strike when i play during the evening time, e.g. last night i had constant 1-3% packetloss. Heres an example ip: 155.133.238.162. It doesn't happen all the time so its hard to pin down.
 
@TheRoDent things are are screwed since noon:
Homebrew casks which download from all over (ngrok was one of them)
Azure Devops (https://dev.azure.com/)
Other random things needed to be productive.

Things that are okay:
Steam downloads
youtube live stream 1080p60
 
@TheRoDent it would be useful if this could have been logged as a problem earlier, dealing with your support is hard and wastes a lot of time, I am cool that there is a problem, but when I get treated like a muppet it sucks.
 
So i'm going to just move everything to a proxy that I stream with, spending a R100 for a vps and running tinyproxy but if it improves my connection so be it. And i can deal with the higher latency since i won't be gaming on it

No Proxy:
Multi:


Single:


Using a Proxy:
Multi:


Single:
 
@TheRoDent it would be useful if this could have been logged as a problem earlier, dealing with your support is hard and wastes a lot of time, I am cool that there is a problem, but when I get treated like a muppet it sucks.
I get that. But you will be surprised at what we do
have to deal with. That's why me and PBcool are here. Understand that we do deal with a lot of things.

This is https://xkcd.com/806/

Please don't abuse it...
 
So i'm going to just move everything to a proxy that I stream with, spending a R100 for a vps and running tinyproxy but if it improves my connection so be it. And i can deal with the higher latency since i won't be gaming on it

No Proxy:
Multi:


Single:


Using a Proxy:
Multi:


Single:
We're running a proxy now as per my PM to assist. Best we can do for now. Also, the proxy is on the same network you are all on. It's a neighbor basically.
 
So i'm going to just move everything to a proxy that I stream with, spending a R100 for a vps and running tinyproxy but if it improves my connection so be it. And i can deal with the higher latency since i won't be gaming on it

No Proxy:
Multi:


Single:


Using a Proxy:
Multi:


Single:
Our proxy is free.

Again, apologize for the drama. This is what I can do now...
 
Ya'll need to understand that the fact that the proxy works fine means CISP's network is fine. The need for the proxy is because your local carrier is experiences packet loss, which means lost packets need to be resent and the higher the latency between you and the endpoint, the more (exponentially) the penalty is for these re-transmits.

It's the way TCP works. The proxy becomes your new endpoint, with a lower re-transmit penalty that yields better effective throughput to destinations beyond the proxy.

Props to CISP for coming up with the idea!
 
Our proxy is free.

Again, apologize for the drama. This is what I can do now...
I don't want to speak too soon or jinx myself but I started using your proxy last night and I was able to stream without any buffering even though my international Speedtests were almost zero with high packet loss.

I will see how the weekend goes but hopefully this performance holds up. I can't remember when last I was able to stream over a weekend, think it was sometime in November...
 
We've just made the routing changes for twitch -- depeered them at LINX and now routing via Cogent, which is the same route you traceroute from Vox showed.

Let's see.

Been reading on the twitch issue. Vox, Cybersmart and Infogro all use Cogent Co route. Supersonic/MTN does not but also streams perfectly fine just like the Cogent co routing. :)
 
@TheRoDent dropped you a pm if you could help please. On mobile data here as my fibre is down and new ISP can't activate as there is still a pending service from Cool Ideas on the vuma portal.
 
So.. my Fibre installation occurred earlier and I received my Archer C20 router after 5pm. I don’t think the router has been configured. How do I go about setting it up? I’ve got the WiFi networks working, but I don’t know if you need any specific access details to connect to Coolideas/the internet.

Not fond of the support hours ending at 5pm.
 
So.. my Fibre installation occurred earlier and I received my Archer C20 router after 5pm. I don’t think the router has been configured. How do I go about setting it up? I’ve got the WiFi networks working, but I don’t know if you need any specific access details to connect to Coolideas/the internet.

Not fond of the support hours ending at 5pm.

Pretty sure they close at 8 for Technical Support
 
Is that the same email-based ticketing system? I have an open ticket from earlier this afternoon. Looking for a number to call.

A simple google away... number works fine
098c6be63b0027e8632afcf8425c2266.jpg
 
Twitch completely unwatchable for anyone else?

1551459968194.png

1551459981089.png

New short route with low latency, but throughput is just not there?

Edit: Vumatel 100/100 Panorama CPT
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X