Status
Not open for further replies.
Claremont/Kenilworth southern suburbs Cape town. Octotel seems to have died. Red lights on the fiber box. Anyone else?

Yup happened to me too and my sister who lives in Southern Suburbs. Maybe they're doing more maintenance or they pushed a firmware update for their ONTs?

Its back up now though.
 
Vumatel screwed up an equipment migration in Durban, and clients config was lost. I'm one of the lucky ones.
Appreciate Bheki (CISP Support) not treating me like an idiot.
Why Vumatel don't find it necessary to inform people of a botched migration.... *shrug*

Thanks to CISP for chasing Vumatel.
Been back on for an hour now. I swear... Vumatel + Public holidays = k@k
 
Yup happened to me too and my sister who lives in Southern Suburbs. Maybe they're doing more maintenance or they pushed a firmware update for their ONTs?

Its back up now though.

Betting it was load shedding related - we went down roundabout the same time.
 
I just went down again for about 5min. Two reds again....

Man I'm trying to be positive here!

12:30.. exactly when power came back on. Something somewhere is not on a UPS and being tripped repeatedly.
 
Yes, no internet connectivity with CISP and MFN Lonehill. ONT looks fine, all lights are on.
 
I'm back up. Looks like the outage lasted around 2 hours based on my router logs.
 
Is anyone else getting infrequent/random packet loss on international traffic? I've had a few instances today where getting timeouts for 2+ pings to a site in the UK and my traffic dies completely.
 
When will latency to London be back to normal?

Tracing route to queen.cisp.co.za [62.233.65.195]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms dlinkrouter.Dlink [192.168.0.1]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 17 ms 16 ms 18 ms 154.0.5.185
4 16 ms 14 ms 15 ms u14u-cust.coolideas.co.za [154.0.5.190]
5 18 ms 17 ms 17 ms u11d-cust.coolideas.co.za [154.0.5.65]
6 67 ms 19 ms 15 ms u129-cust.coolideas.co.za [154.0.5.97]
7 17 ms 16 ms 17 ms 154.0.5.147
8 22 ms 17 ms 17 ms 197.96.214.112
9 205 ms 205 ms 202 ms core1b-dock-pos-0-3-4-0.ip.isnet.net [168.209.201.61]
10 191 ms 192 ms 188 ms be20.asr01.thn.as20860.net [195.66.224.207]
11 190 ms 192 ms 192 ms po150.dc9core1.as20860.net [185.19.17.126]
12 183 ms 187 ms 185 ms 94.zone.4.r.dc9.redstation.co.uk [185.20.96.154]
13 205 ms 182 ms 180 ms queen.cisp.co.za [62.233.65.195]
 
I don't know if you guys have changed something or if its just loadshedding but last night is the second night where I haven't needed the proxy to watch twitch.
 
I don't know if you guys have changed something or if its just loadshedding but last night is the second night where I haven't needed the proxy to watch twitch.

And the last 2 days are the first where I've not been able to get anywhere near line speed on NNTP downloads with 50+ connections - I suspect the two are related.
 
And the last 2 days are the first where I've not been able to get anywhere near line speed on NNTP downloads with 50+ connections - I suspect the two are related.

Well then. Thank you sir for allowing me to watch twitch. Its an exceedingly rare honour.
 
Well then. Thank you sir for allowing me to watch twitch. Its an exceedingly rare honour.

Hehe, I didn't mean that I, personally, was responsible for your inability to stream :) But they are clearly managing bandwidth / routing differently which is resulting in both of our situations. I'm glad you can at least watch some twitch finally - enjoy it while it lasts :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X