Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah international not very good tonight, especially applications that make use of single threads.






Vuma trenched, Brackenfell, Cape Town, 200/200

EDIT: Definitively some sort of congestion/contention



 
Last edited:
I am so happy I am not the only one with Twitch problems. Unfortunately I am not a CISP customer. International seems to have taken a hit the past few days. My ISP says they have done layer 2 tests and they can not see anything wrong and there are is nothing wrong with international backhaul that they can see. I think CISP is sitting in the same boat with some customers. So irritating when you mainly use the internet for Twitch. I have found a extension for chrome and Firefox, called Twitch 5 (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...r-twit/bhplkbgoehhhddaoolmakpocnenplmhf?hl=en ) that apparently downloads the stream in more than one segment, basically converting a single threaded download into multi-thread, at the cost of added latency. Hopefully there will be a solution soon !
 
So I recommended a colleague to Cool Ideas. She is having issues with delays in installation. I contacted the reps to see if they can intervene. Got a nonsensical response about a team leader investigating. Nothing further. Pretty pathetic.
 
So I recommended a colleague to Cool Ideas. She is having issues with delays in installation. I contacted the reps to see if they can intervene. Got a nonsensical response about a team leader investigating. Nothing further. Pretty pathetic.

The client was contacted on 22/03/2019 at ~15:39. What was nonsensical about a team leader investigating? We cannot control FNO timelines. Even though there might be a wallbox, they still have to do the ONT installation, and it's not something we control.
 
I am so happy I am not the only one with Twitch problems. Unfortunately I am not a CISP customer. International seems to have taken a hit the past few days. My ISP says they have done layer 2 tests and they can not see anything wrong and there are is nothing wrong with international backhaul that they can see. I think CISP is sitting in the same boat with some customers. So irritating when you mainly use the internet for Twitch. I have found a extension for chrome and Firefox, called Twitch 5 (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...r-twit/bhplkbgoehhhddaoolmakpocnenplmhf?hl=en ) that apparently downloads the stream in more than one segment, basically converting a single threaded download into multi-thread, at the cost of added latency. Hopefully there will be a solution soon !
If I may ask, which ISP and network ?
 
So i logged a call yesterday with support on the speed issue. Their response this morning was to try ethernet instead of wireless. Seriously? Seems like a cut and paste for a response. This was certainly a bigger issue and it seems they were not informed.
 
The client was contacted on 22/03/2019 at ~15:39. What was nonsensical about a team leader investigating? We cannot control FNO timelines. Even though there might be a wallbox, they still have to do the ONT installation, and it's not something we control.

So couldnt you have communicated this to me? After you told me a team leader will investigate, I asked if the team leader will contact me or her with an update to which I got no response. Your attitude sucks.
 
If I may ask, which ISP and network ?
Level-7 for ISP
Ill just give you this
1553504832842.png
Keeping their router connected if they want to do end to end tests, doubt it will be necessary but just to be safe.
This traceroute looks a bit sore on the eyes if you ask me >_>
 
The interesting thing is my network usage is all over the place while watching twitch, it will stabilize for a few seconds and then go crazy again. Many people here experience the exact same thing on CISP. Its not shaping or congestion, I have tested this around the clock and it never gets better. Really beats me to what it could be. On the other hand all of my friends have no problem with Twitch, even on MWEB
Some speedtests 15/3
1553505488250.png

And Multithreaded
1553505658639.png
 
Yea overall very unhappy I decided to go with CISP.
Random pings pikes in the games I play.
Overall **** service.
Honestly, Vodacon was a 1000% better fibre provider than CISP and that is saying something!
 
Level-7 for ISP
Ill just give you this
View attachment 637342
Keeping their router connected if they want to do end to end tests, doubt it will be necessary but just to be safe.
This traceroute looks a bit sore on the eyes if you ask me >_>

As far as I know you need to ping live.twitch.tv as thats the server you connect to when you pull a stream.

The interesting thing is my network usage is all over the place while watching twitch, it will stabilize for a few seconds and then go crazy again. Many people here experience the exact same thing on CISP. Its not shaping or congestion, I have tested this around the clock and it never gets better. Really beats me to what it could be. On the other hand all of my friends have no problem with Twitch, even on MWEB
Some speedtests 15/3
View attachment 637346

And Multithreaded
View attachment 637350

Do you mind if I ask where you stay in SA?

I'm very curious about this as I have the exact same issue. I currently have Octotel fiber (100/25) that cannot stream twitch yet if I change over to my Openserve VDSL line (20/2) (I'm fighting with them to get it cancelled but its still live) which has Telkom as the ISP it can't stream twitch either. I struggle to understand how two different ISPs on two different network providers can't manage something as basic as a twitch stream. I know its not my pc as my phone does the same thing. I stay in Southern Suburbs in Cape Town and yet my friend on TTconnect in JHB with VoX NEVER (and I mean never) has issues with twitch. I mean all twitch needs is 1000-1200 KB/s its hardly like its killing everyone's bandwidth and yet if I look at my usage graph for its either stuck at doing around 300 KB/s or its like looking at a ECG reading. 300 KB/s, buffer, spike to 2000 kb/s, drop back down to 300 then buffer. Rinse and repeat.

The whole thing does my head in. PLEASE keep me updated if you figure anything out.
 
@TheRoDent

Any reason for this

View attachment 637182
Tracert to PUBG Server from JHB

Then
View attachment 637184
Same server but from Cape Town ?

Obviously we both Cool Ideas

This is completely normal. Cape Town shaves off those 25 MS by having the cable land "at our doorstep". I'm not sure how traffic is routed, but the simple explanation is you guys are further away from it, and you probably have to jump through multiple networks/links/etc to get to the international pipes.

So the only way you can lower your MS if you live in JHB is to move.
 
Yea overall very unhappy I decided to go with CISP.
Random pings pikes in the games I play.
Overall **** service.
Honestly, Vodacon was a 1000% better fibre provider than CISP and that is saying something!

Which network please, and if Vumatel trenched, do you have an object number for me?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X