Bionic
Expert Member
Poor downloads and speed test. Getting less than 10 Mbps on 25 Mbps line. Downloads are at a snail's pace. On MF. Happening for a few hours now
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
@TheRoDent
Any reason for this
View attachment 637182
Tracert to PUBG Server from JHB
Then
View attachment 637184
Same server but from Cape Town ?
Obviously we both Cool Ideas
So I recommended a colleague to Cool Ideas. She is having issues with delays in installation. I contacted the reps to see if they can intervene. Got a nonsensical response about a team leader investigating. Nothing further. Pretty pathetic.
If I may ask, which ISP and network ?I am so happy I am not the only one with Twitch problems. Unfortunately I am not a CISP customer. International seems to have taken a hit the past few days. My ISP says they have done layer 2 tests and they can not see anything wrong and there are is nothing wrong with international backhaul that they can see. I think CISP is sitting in the same boat with some customers. So irritating when you mainly use the internet for Twitch. I have found a extension for chrome and Firefox, called Twitch 5 (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...r-twit/bhplkbgoehhhddaoolmakpocnenplmhf?hl=en ) that apparently downloads the stream in more than one segment, basically converting a single threaded download into multi-thread, at the cost of added latency. Hopefully there will be a solution soon !
The client was contacted on 22/03/2019 at ~15:39. What was nonsensical about a team leader investigating? We cannot control FNO timelines. Even though there might be a wallbox, they still have to do the ONT installation, and it's not something we control.


Well that latency is for PUBG to be exact, any way we could get the JHB route to be optimizedWhat is your query ? The difference in latency ?
Level-7 for ISP
Ill just give you this
View attachment 637342
Keeping their router connected if they want to do end to end tests, doubt it will be necessary but just to be safe.
This traceroute looks a bit sore on the eyes if you ask me >_>
The interesting thing is my network usage is all over the place while watching twitch, it will stabilize for a few seconds and then go crazy again. Many people here experience the exact same thing on CISP. Its not shaping or congestion, I have tested this around the clock and it never gets better. Really beats me to what it could be. On the other hand all of my friends have no problem with Twitch, even on MWEB
Some speedtests 15/3
View attachment 637346
And Multithreaded
View attachment 637350
@TheRoDent
Any reason for this
View attachment 637182
Tracert to PUBG Server from JHB
Then
View attachment 637184
Same server but from Cape Town ?
Obviously we both Cool Ideas
Yea overall very unhappy I decided to go with CISP.
Random pings pikes in the games I play.
Overall **** service.
Honestly, Vodacon was a 1000% better fibre provider than CISP and that is saying something!