Cool Ideas - Tl,dr; Terrible

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Here I am, 6 hours before my line is supposed to be cancelled, and already without internet. Should have expected it based on the past track record.

A long time ago, while I was still less annoyed than I am now, I was on an OpenServe + Vox 100Mbps 300GB account, times were good, the cap lasted and the general price was all right at ~R1100, but I always yearned for more, that higher upload, the lack of caps or FUP, that slightly cheaper price and the ability to get off of Telkom's network where they'd been messing us all over for over a decade.

So I order my line, pay pro-rata, have Frogfoot come install pretty quick as they could use the previous ducting, within two days of making my appointment. Man was I impressed and happy that I could move so soon after making my decision, to that land of uncapped rainbows.

With an exuberant smile, I checked my e-mail for that magic key to let me connect, but soon found myself lost as it seems to have been sent by the South African post office, and therefore lost forever more.

Not to be off-put, I call in on the 14th of February at 16h00, dialing 1 for new customers, with a mere two minute wait time I was put through. But clouds were brewing in CISP land, for the lady told me "that's not my job, you need to call tech support", and put me through to tech support number. I get put into a lovely queue with ~15 others, waiting those 25 minutes (well, ~32 min total call time) to be put through a lady that said to me "what you want?" verbatim, like an orc from Warcraft 3, to which I replied, how do I connect? I was thrown off the abyss into call music land before my call suddenly cut out.

After that I called again, going through another wait, 40 minutes this time, managing to reach a consultant at ~16:55, asking them where to receive my magic key, being told it is a PPPoE detail but I must make a ticket to get the details. So this man kindly made me a ticket, but sadly I had no understanding of how to log in, as no details to the magic cool zone had been sent to me, but the valiant Mr Edward fought not only the evil IT system to get the registration link sent to me, but even sortied to the gates of Castle Technician, there breaking out and enlisting the aid of Mr Perone to get me those PPPoE details.

Happy with receiving the magic key, I ran to the stables and gave the stable hand the magic key, connecting me to the land of rainbows at a 100/100Mbps speed, but little was I to know that the stable hand would run out of breath every time he had to shovel water out of his international ship when crossing the vast oceans.

/END of part 1.

The rest is a bit more serious from now on, just thought it would make me relax a bit writing it in a silly fashion, since currently I am typing this off my phone, waiting for that call back over half an hour later.

3WA

Executive Member
Subscribed. Good story, can’t wait to see the character arcs.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
So, I noticed this issue of ~1% packet loss beginning of March, as I wasn't home much in Feb (having just gotten back from an overseas trip).
Thinking it was just because Frogfoot was still messing around with the lines, since they'd been installing in the area then, I said I'd wait till the end of the month to see if it gets better.

On the 25th of March I opened a ticket, gave an iPerf both local and international, giving a speedtest as well, showing a whopping 15Mbps down:

3 days later I receive a reply, "please download MTR and test directly to ONT".

The next day in the evening, I posted an MTR to Vienna.at, showing that the latency was pretty good, 0 packet loss at the time, but still a measly 20Mbps

And also adding the Hetzner.de file transfer speeds on their 10GB files, complaining about the speed, only receiving a measly 1MB/s sustained and 3MBps burst (note the capitalization, 1MB = 8Mbps).

3 days later, I start losing my cool a bit:
1559320883566.png

And get a reply the next day about how the CI Core Team identified and fixed an issue, which was the DDoS attack that day, having nothing to do with my issue as obviously shown by the fact that I'd been complaining for over a week about it.

This was the first time that I likened their support to Afrihost, My Afrihost Cancellation was quite fun, and I've had previous experiences of weeklong nonsense with them but at least they replied <48 hours to a ticket.

After my rant, the next day:
Well that's interesting, wasn't my first response on the ticket to test directly via ONT? Yep, it was, we'd already ruled out my router being the issue.

At least by this time, my connection seem to have improved a bit, thought all my issues were getting better, but that was a pipe dream.
For a little while I was getting bursts up to 6MB/s to Hetzner, with a sustained 4MB/s but that dropped down pretty quick to 2MB/s.

4th of April a new support agent gets assigned, my issue has now been escalated over 10 days later. Lovely.

This is when another dry spell happened, I should have expected it, but I thought it would have been faster considering my now "High Priority" and "Escalation", alas:
1559321278632.png

And so it continued.

Attachments

Last edited:

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Subscribed. Good story, can’t wait to see the character arcs.
It won't, sorry. Character died a horrible death and story failed to cheer me up, so now just copy pasting stuff from my response ticket. The rainbow land crashed and burned, my dreams were shattered and everything just went downhill.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
So, 2 weeks and 1 day in, on the 9th of April Mr/Ms Tayla steps up to the plate, 2 call agents already down, one more and they lose the inning, my entire focus was on Tayla's message.
1559321522081.png
Foul ball, agent hasn't read the ticket and actually paid attention to the time of postings.
I pitched again:
1559321577490.png
Tayla attempts to bat with a giant bat they flattened on an anvil saying that they would "run a continuous ping on your line". I was happy, something is being done, an actual tech support went one step further!

On the 12th I state that I wasn't home that much during the week, having other commitments as uni had just started, the umpire had to take a water break.
Tayla even went one step further, bribing the umpire with a different chest guard, a "Mikrotik router for you to use in the meantime so we can monitor your line". Wow, that's amazing.

I, worried about using two chest guards at the same time (double NAT) ask for pre-configuration, to which I am replied by a new agent that swapped with Tayla while I wasn't paying attention, on the 13th that the router is open for me to configure.

Happy, I wait for my router to arrive.
My patience ran out though.
1559321869248.png

1559321898266.png
Not only not sure what god upi was, I was also left wondering why they need to ask me that if their profile has that I never received a router and that I was confirmed a new router 5 days earlier.

On the 18th I get another new agent (@PBCool maybe use one or two agents max per ticket?), saying my router will be delivered on the 23rd. Weird last line though:
1559322020757.png
Wasn't I already part of "the COOLest network" corny joke ever for over a month? Was I running a demo previously?

Well, then we get to the interesting part.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Instead of an Archer C3, I got an Arhcer C20, a router with "Fast Ports" (100/100) on a 100Mbps line. So now my ethernet overheads are actually reducing my local speeds, while also slowing down my entire gigabit home network. Lovely.

1559322202743.png
Wasn't filling me with confidence though.

Speeds were at near 70Mbps though, I was shocked, this is what I'd wanted (besides the terrible upload):

But about 5 minutes later they were back to 36/41:
https://beta.speedtest.net/result/8221592529

It was fun while it lasted, but I can't really sit there rebooting my router permanently.
1559322320143.png
I thought this to be international at the time. Note this is the 29th of April.

But at this time I was invited into the brotherhood of the CISP proxy (okay, not invented, I lurked on the sidelines and stole the details for myself) and lo and behold!
93/63Mbps to Vienna. It was possible to hit over 40Mbps international! (Well at this time it had started to degrade to <20Mbps).

Also around this time I sent in my cancellation. That will be put in another post.

3 days later the new Gumani entered the chat. That's around 5 agents down, at this point you call for mercy, which is why I handed in my cancellation.
1559322593311.png
And so started our ill-fated relationship. Little was I to know this man was to start tipping me over the edge.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Part 3:
I put off being called till Monday, since I left for the weekend. 10:35 prompt on Monday morning, the 6th of Jan:
1559322770886.png
At 10h00, just after 13h00 I replied:
1559322794551.png
and then received a call on the 7th instead at 10:30. Well that worked well.

Asked to do ping tests and tracerts again, I submitted them that day.

The next day
1559322918502.png
Huh? Wasn't my ticket previously escalated? Wasn't it already on high priority? Okay.

But at least Gumani is nice enough to keep me updated, always good:
1559322959061.png

1559322979267.png
and gave some examples, showing that the proxy works fine but speedtests weren't. Back to the drawing board.

Get a reply the next day,
1559323033449.png
So far liking this dude, keeps me in the loop, seems like stuff is finally happening.
Note it's been
1559323078178.png
since I've reported this issue.

Missed a call on the 10th,
1559323115659.png
Get asked for some more iPerfs. Note that %UserProfile% stuff that is specific to him, guess he assumed since I stated that I am in IT that I'd understand to adapt.
1559323177520.png
That's on the 11th.

On the 12th my true troubles started. Not even getting 10Mbps international (well, 10.9, fine, you got me)
1559323228597.png

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
14th I get a reply for a call, 14th I state sorry, can't take, want to schedule on the 16th.
1559323329652.png
1559323341327.png
17th
1559323351691.png
1559323369806.png
1559323384965.png
So blaming Frogfoot. At least something is happening. Not sure why all these updates must be by telephone.

5 days later:
1559323438653.png
This is the 23rd now.
1559323457995.png

Attachments

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Of course, wise ass that I am:

1559323496453.png
This is where I got the infamous call.

I should have recorded it.

Here I am, sitting at a coffee shop, working for a bit as don't want to go to the office before 8, I get this call, pick up my phone, check it's CI. Sigh as it's another short call asking me to describe my problem. I pick it up.

"Please describe your problem in depth" again.
I say "latency is fine, local getting full speeds, international is" forked.
"Can you say exactly what services?"
I explain that I use Discord or TV screen share, Hetzner Germany downloads, files from my Uncle's place in Vienna (he's a photographer, so get some cool RAW from him to play with), and say pretty much anything international.
"International is not guaranteed"
I pause, trying to process what I just heard. My dreams of the land of rainbows is shuddering.
"What?"
"Sir, international is not guaranteed, it's out of our hands, we are not responsible"
pause
"What exactly do you mean by that?"
"You're not going to get full speed international, that's completely normal, international is not guaranteed"
Damn did I start getting angry
"I got near full speeds to Vienna on my OpenServe line, I don't expect full speeds at all times, but at least once in a while and I've never even had it once. The best I've ever seen was under 60Mbps burst"
and so my rant started.
"I understand Sir, but international is not guaranteed".
"Wtf do you mean international is not guaranteed, wtf am I paying over R1k a month for?"
And that's how the call went about.

I didn't hear from Gumani anymore after that.

Last edited:

ekske1

Executive Member
@Johnatan56 it is quite clear, well has been for a while now, that support either doesn't exist or means little to nothing without @PBCool for whatever reason. If he doesn't personally intervene you'd probably end up without support.

While some said it's because of growth, I'll wager its because of adding the 'lowest of the low' to the support line to forward the tickets onto the next person above them. You'd hardly find someone in a support center who could do better for themselves, whom in fact are quite smart. Trust me I've only done a short tour of duty myself to fill a gap while I was going into something else.

However, I've only had to ask PBCool to redo their work once, because you could tell from the start that they had no clue or just didn't want to do the work. Which happens in a support center, no matter what anyone tells you, it is really one of the most unthankful jobs from time to time.

We've been promised a while ago this will be sorted out by training and the new ticketing system. Has this happened? I don't think as it doesn't seem like it.

Finally, you also can't except PBCool to literally run every aspect of the company himself.

So what now?
Do we all leave?
If we all left will it be sorted out or will the company tank?

I'm just going my honest opinion as I see it.

I mean, I'm quite sure that most of us actually like CiSP and would like to see it work itself out into something actually cool [and functional], right?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
And so we got to our final inning, on the 23rd of May, a week after that phone call, after I've resigned myself to this is over.
(Note I messed up the order, my snarky comment of "Do you think so" comes here, with the 59 days of waiting for issue resolved)
27th of May:
1559324072101.png
1559324082996.png
Okay, was unsure what email.
29th of May:
1559324110600.png
Then why hasn't a tech been dispatched in that entire time?
1559324135544.png
Is that not enough time of feedback for a tech to come to my house?

So I ranted:
On my ticket:

As stated by PBCool on the mybroadband thread:

So you should definitely be able to tell if I still have packet loss on my line, since I have ICMP Ping enabled on my router for external.

I am really disappointed with the assistance provider by CISP, this from giving you guys pretty much the benefit of the doubt at the beginning, thinking you guys had awesome service, which clearly isn't true and just my initial sign-up should have scared me away, since I had to call you, wait over half an hour in queue, to be told no, the people who could help with giving PPPoE details have gone home. At least at the time a couple of minutes later I got an e-mail with the details.

But I cannot understand how your own support agent, "G. M.", can argue with me that international is not guaranteed. That will stick with me for quite a while, and I will literally tell every single person that asks about CISP that that was your argument, and I get asked quite often to recommend ISPs.

And then I have your other people, when I opened a ticket to cancel, that firstly ask to confirm to send their router back, asking me if I want to personally deliver in Rosebank when I am in Cape Town, which is a basic profile check.

Then after I say I am quite annoyed at that, give the address saying I want collection, the next agent replies back after saying where I want it collected.

That is Afrihost level support.

And every single time a new agent comes into this ticket thread, with the exception of you so far, I am asked from scratch what the problem is, when they can literally scroll down, plus then I get asked to rerun the same tests I already gave, and your "G. M." even over the phone a couple of weeks ago asked me to describe it again.

I am just so disappointed at this level of service, that "identified packet loss" still hasn't been resolved over three months later, and note I opened this ticket like a week or two after I got this line.

I am moving over to another provider, while still having this issue, hoping the packet loss will be sorted by that ISP or at least have something happen to fix it as nothing has happened in 3 months here. It's just a complete, utter disappointment since I've signed up. I've wasted so much time following up on you guys at the beginning, and then doing tests etc. with nothing having been done that I can see besides replies on this ticket asking if the problem still exists when I stated I'll close the ticket when the problem is gone. Instead you keep asking again and again to probably keep the ticket metrics "looking good" when they're very, very bad.

Just disappointed.
Is the MyBB formatted one.

Now what I haven't posted yet.
1559324198976.png
Wow. This triggered me pretty bad.
Easy link: https://www.itweb.co.za/content/KA3Ww7dl33Q7rydZ
This is an article on "How SA's broadband speeds compare to the rest of the world"
Okay. Relevance? I didn't really see it.
I think I made it quite clear.

1559324266383.png

This was the reply today:
1559324281870.png
I've only seen it now.

And now we get to today (except for the cancellations bit, that one's also fun).
This morning, internet working, that was before 7am (I think, could be I was using phone net).
Get home, complaint no internet, check router, says "Disconnected, check with ISP". Reboot, check, re-enter details, fails, call CISP.
5 minutes after queue of 2 people, get put through to a support agent "I will check my side", I ask if early cancellation reflected or something "No, only midnight". "I will check with the technician" I made a remark of does it matter if 6 hours left. "No, the tech dude is right over there, I'll get it sorted right now" "Can you call me back? On my 084 number" since I didn't want to keep paying even more for this 10 minute call where the mistake is on their end "Yes".

That was about 15 minutes before I started this thread. It's 19h40 and no call-back.

And that summarizes my CISP support for Technical "support", the cancellation was quite fun as well.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
@Johnatan56 it is quite clear, well has been for a while now, that support either doesn't exist or means little to nothing without @PBCool for whatever reason. If he doesn't personally intervene you'd probably end up without support.

While some said it's because of growth, I'll wager its because of adding the 'lowest of the low' to the support line to forward the tickets onto the next person above them. You'd hardly find someone in a support center who could do better for themselves, whom in fact are quite smart. Trust me I've only done a short tour of duty myself to fill a gap while I was going into something else.

However, I've only had to ask PBCool to redo their work once, because you could tell from the start that they had no clue or just didn't want to do the work. Which happens in a support center, no matter what anyone tells you, it is really one of the most unthankful jobs from time to time.

We've been promised a while ago this will be sorted out by training and the new ticketing system. Has this happened? I don't think as it doesn't seem like it.

Finally, you also can't except PBCool to literally run every aspect of the company himself.

So what now?
Do we all leave?
If we all left will it be sorted out or will the company tank?

I'm just going my honest opinion as I see it.

I mean, I'm quite sure that most of us actually like CiSP and would like to see it work itself out into something actually cool [and functional], right?
I paid them for half of Feb, all of March, all of April and all of May. I think it's time I stopped throwing money at them if they can't even deliver 1/5th of the product I was supposed to get, and I was spending over ~40 hours on support with them. I can make a good couple of grand in that time, or relax, instead I am chasing after them, I just gave up end of may after that international nonsense argument. I can't deal with that ****. I am actually thinking I should go to small claims court and ask for R1-2k back, since they did not deliver the product as promised/advertised, it's against CPA at the very least.

Plus, here I am sitting on mobile data as they disconnected me early. They really don't like me.

ekske1

Executive Member
I paid them for half of Feb, all of March, all of April and all of May. I think it's time I stopped throwing money at them if they can't even deliver 1/5th of the product I was supposed to get, and I was spending over ~40 hours on support with them. I can make a good couple of grand in that time, or relax, instead I am chasing after them, I just gave up end of may after that international nonsense argument. I can't deal with that ****. I am actually thinking I should go to small claims court and ask for R1-2k back, since they did not deliver the product as promised/advertised, it's against CPA at the very least.

Plus, here I am sitting on mobile data as they disconnected me early. They really don't like me.
Which is logical. However, if I am wrong about what I said then I will accept it.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Which is logical. However, if I am wrong about what I said then I will accept it.
So you're going to keep giving them money for substandard service, hoping they improve? That's money you worked for, to hope that they do something to improve. Seems a bit stupid to me, since you're a customer, just move, unless the line migration fee is scaring you off.

Called in now, asking wtf is happening.

The dude tells me after checking "automated ticket got logged with FF that my line is down at 5pm" and he has no clue why that idiot at 17h50 couldn't tell me that.
Asked for a call-back now so I can rant a little at the team lead tomorrow, if enough pressure is put everywhere, I'm hoping the people in a position to do something actually take heed (since Paul is probably just a single member of the board/company, and it can't just be him harping on about it, it needs to come from multiple places).

Next post will be about the cancellation experience.

Fjorko

Expert Member
And so we got to our final inning, on the 23rd of May, a week after that phone call, after I've resigned myself to this is over.
(Note I messed up the order, my snarky comment of "Do you think so" comes here, with the 59 days of waiting for issue resolved)
27th of May:
View attachment 666131
View attachment 666133
Okay, was unsure what email.
29th of May:
View attachment 666135
Then why hasn't a tech been dispatched in that entire time?
View attachment 666137
Is that not enough time of feedback for a tech to come to my house?

So I ranted:

Is the MyBB formatted one.

Now what I haven't posted yet.
View attachment 666139
Wow. This triggered me pretty bad.
Easy link: https://www.itweb.co.za/content/KA3Ww7dl33Q7rydZ
This is an article on "How SA's broadband speeds compare to the rest of the world"
Okay. Relevance? I didn't really see it.
I think I made it quite clear.

View attachment 666141

This was the reply today:
View attachment 666143
I've only seen it now.

And now we get to today (except for the cancellations bit, that one's also fun).
This morning, internet working, that was before 7am (I think, could be I was using phone net).
Get home, complaint no internet, check router, says "Disconnected, check with ISP". Reboot, check, re-enter details, fails, call CISP.
5 minutes after queue of 2 people, get put through to a support agent "I will check my side", I ask if early cancellation reflected or something "No, only midnight". "I will check with the technician" I made a remark of does it matter if 6 hours left. "No, the tech dude is right over there, I'll get it sorted right now" "Can you call me back? On my 084 number" since I didn't want to keep paying even more for this 10 minute call where the mistake is on their end "Yes".

That was about 15 minutes before I started this thread. It's 19h40 and no call-back.

And that summarizes my CISP support for Technical "support", the cancellation was quite fun as well.
Jeez guy - you have lots of time to type all that :p !!! You have done the right thing - just go elsewhere where you can (hopefully) get what you pay for.

ekske1

Executive Member
So you're going to keep giving them money for substandard service, hoping they improve? That's money you worked for, to hope that they do something to improve. Seems a bit stupid to me, since you're a customer, just move, unless the line migration fee is scaring you off.

Called in now, asking wtf is happening.

The dude tells me after checking "automated ticket got logged with FF that my line is down at 5pm" and he has no clue why that idiot at 17h50 couldn't tell me that.
Asked for a call-back now so I can rant a little at the team lead tomorrow, if enough pressure is put everywhere, I'm hoping the people in a position to do something actually take heed (since Paul is probably just a single member of the board/company, and it can't just be him harping on about it, it needs to come from multiple places).

Next post will be about the cancellation experience.
Currently, my service is working as expected as I get full line speeds with low latency. No reason to change yet, is there?

As I said support is nonexistent, but I don't need support at the moment. Unless they want to come and do my actual day to day job. lol.

Also why I said: "I'm just going my honest opinion as I see it."

But I will not refer any more people to them and have in fact referred recent queries towards other providers.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
The great cancellation
Please do note this is after I started to get pissed off at "international is not guaranteed".
I can confirm we have received your notice to terminate and that your last day of services will be the 31/05/2019.

I have cc’d Brett on the mail from the retentions department to see if there isn’t anything he can assist you with.

I have cc'd Telisha on the mail and she will organise the collection of the router if need be? Alternatively, you can drop it off at our offices in Rosebank?

Other than that, we are sad to see you go!
Okay, please tell me how I am supposed to drop by your offices in Johannesburg when I am in Cape Town?
Are you certain you have cancelled the correct account? It should have my address on the profile.

This type of question doesn't even surprise me, based on your guys' level of tech support, and that's just sad. I know the above is mean, but you guys have done things like this so many times to me now, and I am the one paying for the service, not the one providing, I can understand a customer being that lazy, but not a person you pay to give you a service. And note, I am the customer, the person who is supposed to be lazy, and yet has to play test dummy for your network issues. I am just so tired of it.

I'd like collection, at the same address that you dropped it off, that would be MY LOCATION and collection would have to be on Thursday.
Notice after my little rant as I am annoyed, notice that I gave the address and date.
Telisha who is cc’d on the mail will organise the collection of the router.
Cool CC'ed with my address and date, yay.
13 minutes later, and note in this post I have copy pasted my entire chain besides the first one where I state I want cancellation:
From Telisha:
Hope this mail finds you well.

I can confirm that your order will be cancelled and your last day of services will be on the 31st of May 2019

Please confirm a suitable date and address that our courier company may collect the router.

Should you wish to return please note that there may be a connection fee dependent on the fibre line provider.

Thank you

Kind Regards,
Wtf.
I want to cry, another person who doesn't read the very short email chain before sending off a message.
From the stuff that you have in your quote:
I'd like collection, at the same address that you dropped it off, that would be MY LOCATION and collection would have to be on Thursday.
Google Maps link insert here
The above place.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is my story with Cool Ideas.
The ending of FF ticket for 24-48 hour turn around time since residential line on the last day of my CISP service doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary.

Closing thoughts
Hoping my time with Atomic Access will be better: https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/atomic-access-feeback-thread.984069/
They have already answered all my questions of the sign up process at like 7pm at night, so already miles better than CISP.
I'll have to log a BS ticket or email or something to check if Tech support takes less than 3 days to reply, since that was about the general fastest reply I got, but that would include template answers. They have about 5 days for a custom reply to match CISP. Don't think it's a very high bar, but it might make it so I can see an island of rainbows on the horizon.
I'm hoping.

Btw, I just realized Brett from cancellation is the utter moron who pissed me off so bad that I wrote a rant yesterday. Good job at retention, @PBCool you might want to have a sit-down with him of when not to be a moron and realizing that you should have cut your losses at the time.

Replies
Is there audio version? Dramatized please.
There actually is, on Telegram with a friend over time, but that's about 300MB/20 hours of audio for the full stuff since it included apologies while working, etc.
It really isn't easy trying to run a data stream over the net for an AI machine if it's <10Mbps and has packet loss, since the project becomes a heck of a lot harder if half the information is out of date before processing. Ended up discarding that side project where I was trying to test if I could do user audio snippets based on the text/corpus given to tell a story and guess the semantic of the text/audio required. Would have actually done my thesis on this before I got a sponsored one in something else.

Jeez guy - you have lots of time to type all that :p !!! You have done the right thing - just go elsewhere where you can (hopefully) get what you pay for.
Coffee machine is broken last week as well, my week hasn't been good. Started typing this up while waiting for pizza, finished this after the pizza. It's not like I can start gaming on a mobile connection, thanks @PBCool (yes, you're in charge of managing my line, if FF f's up, you're my point of contact, plus your agent made a f' up with communication).

Currently, my service is working as expected as I get full line speeds with low latency. No reason to change yet, is there?

As I said support is nonexistent, but I don't need support at the moment. Unless they want to come and do my actual day to day job. lol.

Also why I said: "I'm just going my honest opinion as I see it."

But I will not refer any more people to them and have in fact referred recent queries towards other providers.
I hope it all works out well for you, never needing support. They also f'ed up billing during the long weekend beginning of this month, had a lovely "invoice is overdue" on my "coolzone" for a week, even though they'd already deducted on the 1st. Was nice to look at that while checking up on my ticket.

It was so sad, I was seriously a CISP fan, I probably recommended a good 20-30 high spenders to them (high spender in my book is 100Mbps clients or up). From now on if anyone asks about them, I'll tell them "International is not guaranteed", already got a funny face when a friend asked me who he should go for with Vumatel on Wednesday and I replied that.

Last edited:

under_sky

Expert Member
As I said the other day on the main form, all these companies hire pay takers. Those who are willing to work for the minimum as the company wants to keep those expenses to a minimum but deliver minimum skill and service. As I always say to my clients you pay for what you get!

Loppas

Wow. I had to deal with cisp support recently because there was an issue with my CPE on vumatel (power supply was f**ked) and it took 4 calls to cisp and 3 calls to vumatel directly to get it sorted. The guys at CISP kept logging the fault incorrectly saying that the line was down when it infact wasn't and when the vumatel techies looked at the ticket on their side they just closed it because they saw the link was up. If i hadn't called vumatel directly or called cisp back multiple times nothing would have been done about it. In my case i'm lucky that there was an obvious culprit for my internet problem, if i were on octotel or frogfoot i don't know what i'd do. Hopefully your issues will get sorted out.