DarKWateR's most wanted upcoming Xbox games

DarKWateR

Expert Member
Well the title might seem "exclusive" to Xbox 360 orientated but it's basically just the list of games I'm looking forward to playing on my console so here goes...

Fallout - New Vegas

Not much as known about this title but if it's even close to Fallout 3 I'm sold. According to the developers the title will be similar to Fallout 3 so it's safe to bet that I'll be enjoying the same open-world exploration and RPG elements all over again. I'm also really looking forward to the Fallout 3 GOTY edition that will include all five of the expansion packs released slated for next month.

Final Fantasy XIII

Still far away but I firmly believe it's going to be worth it. I've really been missing turn-based RPG's lately and Square has been pushing out some pretty "average" next gen RPG titles the last two years so this one will hopefully return them to their roots. The trailers and gameplay videos looks amazing ...to my wallet.

Magna Carta 2

Another JRPG that's really got me interested. By looking at the gameplay videos it seems to be a "Dungeon Siege" style real-time action JRPG and that's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm sure Namco Bandai won't dissapoint.

Bayonetta

I totally loved Devil May Cry 1 and 3 on the PS2 but was kinda disappointed with DMC 4. It missed all the dark elements that made DMC 1 so great and kinda felt more drama based. Bayonetta will hopefully bring me back that DMC atmosphere I so deeply miss.

Doom 4

Does this require any explanation? All we know about this game .... is pretty much nothing but if it provides the joy I had with Doom 3 then consider me sold!

The Elder Scrolls V

We all know it's in the works and will most likely devour most of our lives but this is one title I'm seriously requiring some info about. Just maybe a screenshot please....pretty please.

Other titles:

Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Shadow Complex
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2
Dragon Age: Origins
This is Vegas
Dungeon Hero
Arcania
Darksiders

P.S. I'm probably the only Xbox 360 gamer that doesn't give a rats ass about Gears, COD or Halo.

Last edited:

Halogen

Wait.....you don't care about halo o_O I have always wanted to play it. It would have been epic if they made Halo 3 for PC

HapticSimian

Honorary Master
Erm... Forza3 :confused:

If the budget only stretches to 1 game in the next 6 months, that'll be it for me. :D

RPG_Fan

FFXIII FTW. I rate the xbox version will require a mandatory install to run. Hope they bring out a new Shin Megami Tensei series for xbox/ps3. ;)

F

Fudzy

I hope the introduce support for the top end Logitech steering wheel for the game. That really was an impressive factor in GT5

BinaryJack

Spam
FFXIII FTW. I rate the xbox version will require a mandatory install to run. Hope they bring out a new Shin Megami Tensei series for xbox/ps3. ;)

I am in the right crowd it seems! YAY!!! :D
Shin megami tensei is pretty awesome...nr 2 was great especially when you could capture Dante as one of your demonds to fight with! :D
Pokemon for adults! :p

What I would like to see is a Persona for the xbox.
I am sorely tempted to get a PS2 to be able to play the RPG's on the PS2!
All the best JRPG's are coming out on it!

As for FFXIII - Bring on 2010!!!

DarKWateR

Expert Member

Very unlikely since over 50% of Xbox owners have arcade units.

BinaryJack

Spam
Very unlikely since over 50% of Xbox owners have arcade units.

Too true.
The majority of xbox still dont require a hdd to play...however...that could change.
Drives have become a lot cheaper and MS could release a cheaper version for the HDD to allow a compulsory install.

From what I have seen and heard, most of the games that have terrible framerates - Lost Odyssey and Last Remnant - is 80% better when installed on a HDD.

RPG_Fan

I am in the right crowd it seems! YAY!!! :D
Shin megami tensei is pretty awesome...nr 2 was great especially when you could capture Dante as one of your demonds to fight with! :D
Pokemon for adults! :p

Yeah. I think it was called Lucifer's Call (EU) / Nocturne (US). I thoroughly enjoyed that one. Haven't actually tried the Persona series. Couldn't find them at shops and didn't have a credit card then.

What I would like to see is a Persona for the xbox.
I am sorely tempted to get a PS2 to be able to play the RPG's on the PS2!
All the best JRPG's are coming out on it!

I have alot of RPG's for ps2 and enjoyed them all. Have you tried Shadow Hearts: Covenant? Awesome game!! :D Got all the FF Series from VII except for XI. The amount for subs is ridiculous. Even more than WOW. Does that mean XIV is going to be really expensive? :(

BinaryJack

Spam
Yeah. I think it was called Lucifer's Call (EU) / Nocturne (US). I thoroughly enjoyed that one. Haven't actually tried the Persona series. Couldn't find them at shops and didn't have a credit card then.

yes, that's it! :D

The persona series has released a new one - nr. 4.
Pure anime goodness in RPG format!

I have alot of RPG's for ps2 and enjoyed them all. Have you tried Shadow Hearts: Covenant? Awesome game!! :D Got all the FF Series from VII except for XI. The amount for subs is ridiculous. Even more than WOW. Does that mean XIV is going to be really expensive? :(

I have played them all.
FFVIII being my favourite, no matter what anyone say!
FFIX being my least favourite!
I did play Shadow hearts but never really in depth...but it had some great ideas (ring system) which were used in Lost Odyssey for the 360.

RPG_Fan

Kage said:
FFVIII being my favourite, no matter what anyone say!

+1 :D FFVIII's characters were alot more developed and more life-like. I think FFX came close. FFXII's story was alot more focused on Ashe and didnt really do much for Vaan.

@DarKWateR, Apologies having gone off topic. :)

BinaryJack

Spam
7 was great thanks to the materia magic system and one of the first 3d rpgs!
8 had the characters and introduced blue magic.
10 had the best characters and voice over and the new ATB system!

sorry for hijacking...

Fox1

Executive Member
LOL, I also got bored with COD and Halo:D

I heard there's a new GRAW game coming out.

ZeroSplice

Lovely! JRPG talk.

@Darkwater - Yeah, FF CC was excellent. Definitely one of the better games I played on the PSP. What other JRPG's were there on the PSP? At the top of my head, I only recall:
- Brave Story
- Mana Khemia
- Dragoneer's Aria (Hated this)
- Crimson Gem Saga (Have yet to play)

By the way, if you oke's haven't played the Persona series, you're seriously missing out. Played both 3 and 4 and they were excellent. Not the standard JRPG fare we're used to.
4 was in last years Metacritic's top ten, alongside games like MGS4. I think it took 4th position.
Although I enjoyed 3 more.

What the next JRPG release in a PAL region?

Solidus

Expert Member
Lovely! JRPG talk.

@Darkwater - Yeah, FF CC was excellent. Definitely one of the better games I played on the PSP. What other JRPG's were there on the PSP? At the top of my head, I only recall:
- Brave Story
- Mana Khemia
- Dragoneer's Aria (Hated this)
- Crimson Gem Saga (Have yet to play)

By the way, if you oke's haven't played the Persona series, you're seriously missing out. Played both 3 and 4 and they were excellent. Not the standard JRPG fare we're used to.
4 was in last years Metacritic's top ten, alongside games like MGS4. I think it took 4th position.
Although I enjoyed 3 more.

What the next JRPG release in a PAL region?

You've missed this little PSP gem Jeanne D'Arc
According the last Famitsu Valkyria Chronicles 2 might be on the PSP
Thats all I know for know, JRPG's for current gen consoles are seriously lacking and not what they were last-gen