Discovery Vitality [2019]

Fcon_Vpro

In the fitness and drive sections, it states weekly.
In the money section it doesn't mention a period.
It also states theres a personal savings goal that must be maintained.
So I think there might be different goals/levels for people based on their account, etc.
While I am annoyed about the secrecy, im not going to let it bother me until I see the full program layed out.
R2500/week is a massive amount for a single person to spend and so I doubt that is the requirement. Its more than likely a monthly target.

Jehosefat

Expert Member
Thanks. Been looking for this info on Vitality Money.
Exactly. All the secrecy is annoying!
I'm really hoping when it launches it will be more personalized than that. For a one person household that makes no sense whatsoever - that's more like a monthly spend.
If I'm spending R2500 a week on top of my other monthly expenses, I will definitely be spending more than I earn.
Learn to use the multi-quote function please *facepalm*

amabacha

In the fitness and drive sections, it states weekly.
In the money section it doesn't mention a period.
It also states theres a personal savings goal that must be maintained.
So I think there might be different goals/levels for people based on their account, etc.
While I am annoyed about the secrecy, im not going to let it bother me until I see the full program layed out.
R2500/week is a massive amount for a single person to spend and so I doubt that is the requirement. Its more than likely a monthly target.
Money goal period is also weekly same as exercise and driving - see last paragraph of Step 4.

The way I read the document the money goal is linked to 1) "responsible" spending and 2) maintaining a minimum savings balance. We already know the bank card (Gold/Platinum/Black) will be linked to your income bracket so I think the savings minimum balance may be a % of income. It will be very interesting to see how they track and define responsible spending however.....

beefymoocow

Money goal period is also weekly same as exercise and driving - see last paragraph of Step 4.

The way I read the document the money goal is linked to 1) "responsible" spending and 2) maintaining a minimum savings balance. We already know the bank card (Gold/Platinum/Black) will be linked to your income bracket so I think the savings minimum balance may be a % of income. It will be very interesting to see how they track and define responsible spending however.....
So it looks like if you don't meet your minimum saving you won't meet your goals even if you spend 10000 a week. It appears your goals will reset if you drop below your minimum saving drops

Fcon_Vpro

I missed that, thanks.

vitality_active_rewards_benefit_guide.pdf said:
If you achieve your money goal before the end of the goal cycle, your transactions after achieving your goal will carry over to the next goal week up to a maximum of double your money goal.
This part is a bit confusing. It makes me think that if you do purchase too much in 1 week, then the additional transactions can carry over to the following week.
But probably best to wait and see what the final offer is. Its all too confusing without seeing the full product and the ways to achieve the goals.

beefymoocow

I missed that, thanks.

This part is a bit confusing. It makes me think that if you do purchase too much in 1 week, then the additional transactions can carry over to the following week.
But probably best to wait and see what the final offer is. Its all too confusing without seeing the full product and the ways to achieve the goals.
So if you meet your minimum saving and spend 5k in the currenr week. You will meet the current weeks goal and the following weeks goal provided you don't drop your minimum saving. And it only carry over once so if you spend 10k in the current week it doesn't mean you will meet your goals for the 3 other weeks.

S3XY

No, on 4k.you get 1k back that or next month and then after the 3k.over 24m.

Anything over 4k they completely ignore.
This is exactly what I said. Expect if you purchase a cheaper device they will only refund you 75% of that. If the device is R2000, you will only get R1500 back in total. Or with a more expensive device, lets say R10 000, you will only get R4000 back in total.

citizensa

This is exactly what I said. Expect if you purchase a cheaper device they will only refund you 75% of that. If the device is R2000, you will only get R1500 back in total. Or with a more expensive device, lets say R10 000, you will only get R4000 back in total.
I got a device worth R5999 so what should be my monthly payback?currently they pay 83.33 monthly if i achieve all my goals, not R125 as someone said earlier. I wonder why?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Hmm app is not showing me yet what my weekly fitness goal is. The weekly driving goal is shown.

donanicky

I got a device worth R5999 so what should be my monthly payback?currently they pay 83.33 monthly if i achieve all my goals, not R125 as someone said earlier. I wonder why?
R83.33 is the maximum you can get for getting all your goals. The monthly cash back is based on a cap of R4000. So you get 50% of R4000 divided by 24.

Fcon_Vpro

Hmm app is not showing me yet what my weekly fitness goal is. The weekly driving goal is shown.
Mine also not showing my goal. Ive had it happen often in the past when others goals are showing. Sometimes only showed up 2-3 days later.

Fcon_Vpro

I’m not seeing this when I go to that page. I’m a pre 2010 gym person though.

And I still don’t see a reward statement either on the main portfolio menu. And I have used the benefits for flying and holidaying, so I do get value from my diamond status.
I went to that page without logging in.

Fcon_Vpro

Yea. Did we have a different option?
I think he means has the "money" actually gone into the card.
I know my balance keeps going up but I'm not sure when and by how much.
Also not sure what is considered Vitality and what is considered Dischem.