Discovery Vitality 2020

ies87

Need to cancel my wife’s Gym with vitality / VA since she doesn’t use it and I think she is paying 500/month. This is an oppurtunity for me to push her to accept that she has not and will no use it.
Is it a VA call to cancel? Or a discovery vitality call to cancel?
VA call. I’ve cancelled mine before.

ros_b

Really. So am I the only idiot that swipes both smart shopper and healthy food in the store?
No, I'm also such an idiot. My Healthy Food card was always my Discovery Credit Card (old FNB one) so I don't have a standalone HF card. I still swipe both the Discovery Card and my SmartShopper Card, just for safety!

ros_b

How come your healthy food dropped. The new changes shouldn’t affect your healthyfood?
I have absolutely no idea, I've asked them for a breakdown.
I suspect that many of your store visits have fallen through the cracks. This has happened to me consistently over the past several months. After getting a breakdown, I can see that several store visits are just missing.
You could also maybe check yourself through the app. Go to Vitality Active Rewards (and what follows is for Android), then it should list "Health", "Drive" and "Money". Under "Health", there should be a link to "View Goal", then you'll get a page that lists "Exercise", "Health checks" and "HealthyFood". Under HealthyFood, there shoul be a "View goal" link, and after selecting that, you should get a link to "Food Basket".

Last edited:

James 77

I suspect that many of your store visits have fallen through the cracks. This has happened to me consistently over the past several months. After getting a breakdown, I can see that several store visits are just missing.
You could also maybe check yourself through the app. Go to Vitality Active Rewards (and what follows is for Android), then it should list "Health", "Drive" and "Money". Under "Health", there should be a link to "View Goal", then you'll get a page that lists "Exercise", "Health checks" and "HealthyFood". Under HealthyFood, there shoul be a "View goal" link, and after selecting that, you should get a link to "Food Basket".
It must definitely be something like that, I haven't changed my diet or anything. I will take a look thank you, the IOS app should be roughly the same to navigate.

ies87

It must definitely be something like that, I haven't changed my diet or anything. I will take a look thank you, the IOS app should be roughly the same to navigate.
I think part of it may also be the fact that many of the things we buy used to be vitality items but aren’t anymore. Some breads, for example. And I was surprised the other day when I noticed that dried fruit is no longer a vitality item.

James 77

I think part of it may also be the fact that many of the things we buy used to be vitality items but aren’t anymore. Some breads, for example. And I was surprised the other day when I noticed that dried fruit is no longer a vitality item.
That will definitely play a role, every year the benefit of the client diminishes and the cost to get the benefits increases. Hoops increasing and cashback decreasing. The only reason I'm still staying is for the gym benefit

Aharon

Executive Member
For those of us working at home, the goal is going to be very difficult /impossible. They should pause it

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Discovery Insure: During the National lockdown period you can still achieve your weekly active reward goal if you drive less than 100km, as long as your trips are event-free. Detailed communication to follow. Auth FSP

krycor

Honorary Master
For those of us working at home, the goal is going to be very difficult /impossible. They should pause it
I think 5k steps a day should be ok for 7 day target. <— so people don’t just veg