Do you use cloud storage to back up your data?

Do you use cloud storage to back up your data?

• Yes

Votes: 84 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 35 29.4%

• Total voters

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Of course. Not having your important stuff in the cloud in 2018 (coming on 2019) is nuts.

I get 1TB OneDrive with Office 365, which contains my personal documents, work files and photos.

My music is in Spotify. Videos are mostly Netflix. Games can be redownloaded if need be and saves are cloud-based. Notes are in Evernote. Email is cloud-based. Passwords live in Bitwarden. Google has all my Chrome bookmarks and Calendar appointments. Telegram is cloud-based and doesn't require periodic backups like WhatsApp.

It would be trivial to get all my stuff setup from scratch if I lost all my hardware for some reason.

AdrianH

Expert Member
Dropbox, OneDrive, Box and Google.

Use them all with Boxcryptor to encrypt everything before being pushed up to cloud.

krycor

Honorary Master
Just switched to Google One.. awesome for families so now everything backed up via iCloud (day-to-day) and Google Drive (every 2-4 weeks).

All with 2FA too.. Hrm I guess encrypting before google drive would be good tho

hackus17

Mega for non-important stuff, because of its free storage. Important I use Google Drive since its well integrated

oceanmasterza

Google drive business. 62TB currently stored there for the last year.. easy to get to and sync.. for about R500 per month.

I do use cloud storage (Dropbox & Google Drive). But I do not use it to backup data, I use it to sync data between devices. I use an external HDD to backup data.

Google drive business. 62TB currently stored there for the last year.. easy to get to and sync.. for about R500 per month.
What type of internet line do you have ? I want to start uploading about 25TB of data to box.com on a 150mbps FTTB line. While FTP is an option, not sure if it is reliable.

Since some of it is backup data, need something that could dedupe too so that at least for backup data, we only send the delta changes to the cloud.

PsyWulf

Executive Member
What type of internet line do you have ? I want to start uploading about 25TB of data to box.com on a 150mbps FTTB line. While FTP is an option, not sure if it is reliable.

Since some of it is backup data, need something that could dedupe too so that at least for backup data, we only send the delta changes to the cloud.
Try duplicati