Does SuperSonic provide static ip's by default?

Savy561

So I have had fibre for almost 2 years now with supersonic as my ISP and vumatel as the FNO and one thing I have noticed from pretty much my first month of having fibre is that my public IP address has NEVER changed no matter what, I can reboot the cpe, router and so on but for the past almost 2 years i have had the exact same IP address as when i first got fibre.

Now i did contact supersonic a long time ago and their reasoning was that it had something to do with my block all having the same ip address as this was how vumatel set it up or something like that but this was my first month almost 2 years and I can't remember the conversation all that much.

So I thought I'd ask, anyone using supersonic on the vumatel infrastructure: are your public IP's dynamic or are they static? And should I even worry about this if it's specific to me?

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
It's more to do with the Vumatel Trenched network; their leases are very sticky and don't change that regularly, if at all.

Savy561

It's more to do with the Vumatel Trenched network; their leases are very sticky and don't change that regularly, if at all.
Thanks for the response. So then it seems that this is normal for the most part and I shouldn't worry about it. I guess i should be thankful as i actually prefer to have a static IP.

Quick question @websquadza I will be moving to a new isp in march 2021 and I read on this forum someone mention that websquad offer's static IP addresses? Can you confirm this as I couldn't find anything after a quick browse on your website. and if you do then how much extra PM a static IP would be?

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
We do offer static IPs, as well as IPv6 (over a 6to4 tunnel for Vumatel trenched for now). Static IPv4 is R 59 / month.