thewusman

Expert Member
Of course they never put anything on the status page till after the event
Because they really don’t care. Expect a canned copy and paste sentence from a FF rep here sometime next week after reading the messages, denying the problem.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Hi,

We had a short outage in your area yesterday and the team has confirmed that the service is back up and running. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
Frogfoot Fibre
What caused the outage? And it was more than just Newton Park. It was most of the areas.

What are you doing to ensure this doesn't happen as often as it is? And it's frequent enough that you are doing maintenance on network kit to become a worry we are on the right FNO at home.

WiseCrack

Expert Member
Hi,

We had a short outage in your area yesterday and the team has confirmed that the service is back up and running. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
Frogfoot Fibre
No still not resolved I have been off since yesterday 5pm and still off tonight. Logged a support ticket with cellc fibre Ticket # [CF201727]

and this is their response:

"Good day

Thank you for contacting fibre support, There is a general problem nationwide with frogoot.

Issue started yesterday when upgrades were done on the frogfoot network.

There is no ETA for this issue so far but all parties are aware and working on the problem.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Cfibre Support "

Leno

Expert Member
Anyone experiencing slower speeds since the maintenance last night?

latency a bit over the place and getting 15% line speed

Edit: rebooted the ONT and at least getting 50% now

Last edited:

JohnStarr

Executive Member

Not at the moment, but I see this lot are due for MORE maintenance this weekend. Jeez it's out of hand.

I would be interested to know what Vumatel's maintenance periods are like, or if they have them as often.

xxeagle_za

Speed is fine on my side, however I am getting routed directly to JHB instead of the normal route, so ping is high end of 30ms, instead of the normal 13ms

BayCityRoller

Not at the moment, but I see this lot are due for MORE maintenance this weekend. Jeez it's out of hand.

I would be interested to know what Vumatel's maintenance periods are like, or if they have them as often.

One can get a very good idea of what's going on for all networks via Axxess' website (no login required), whether fibre, mobile, ADSL etc. via this link :

Available by province, or throughout SA, both "Now" and "Scheduled" - sort by drop-down menu at the top right, after selecting "Fibre Network" on the left. Effectively, it therefore covers info. for current faults & future maintenance.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

We have identified the issue.

We are experiencing a broadcast storm of multicast traffic originating from one of the FNOs networks overwhelming core switches on our network.

We are working on a fix. Please note the issue is affecting all CPT clients on all networks including Mobile. We have move the notice from Medium to Major Impact.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Lewies1992

Hi All,

Has anybody gotten FF installed lately? Just trying to get a feel for how long they take for installs in PE (live complex).
It feels like forever since application compared to my previous dealings with Metro and SADV.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Hi All,

Has anybody gotten FF installed lately? Just trying to get a feel for how long they take for installs in PE (live complex).
It feels like forever since application compared to my previous dealings with Metro and SADV.
If you have a choice, look elsewhere. If not, they're pretty quick. Took me 2 weeks last year.

ReckyZa

I agree if you have a choice look elsewhere, FF of late is terrible, always having down times and no connectivity. Atm I have a download of 0.23 Mbps on a 500 up 500 down lol

Jason-ZA

Hows everyones speeds tonight? Looks like there is packet loss again at peak time.

50/50 Line:
1629139220911.png

Code:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Jitter    Lost/Total Datagrams
[  4]   0.00-30.00  sec  35.8 MBytes  10.0 Mbits/sec  0.134 ms  1479/4578 (32%)
[  4] Sent 4578 datagrams
[SUM]  0.0-30.0 sec  5 datagrams received out-of-order