Bianca99

Is anyone else having issues today? My download speed is really bad. Upload is fine. Ping is back to 18.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
Is anyone else having issues today? My download speed is really bad. Upload is fine. Ping is back to 18.
Surprisingly mine is fine at the moment, but it took forever to download a trial version of Adobe Acrobat Pro about 90 minutes ago (on a 20Mbps fibre line).
At the moment I am not getting anything close to 20Mbps though...ping = 11ms; download = 13.92Mbps; Upload = 2.85Mbps (test done through www.speedtest.net).

Leno

Expert Member
80 Packet loss at the moment in Summerstrand for the last 20 mins or so

StangV2_0

I just had my line activated with Frogfoot/Vox. Must be honest I was expecting a better ping? This was sent to me by my wife I havent checked myself yet will check when home. Is this something that will improve?

Attachments

• IMG-20210111-WA0039.jpg
    IMG-20210111-WA0039.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 30

Jaseyyxx

I just had my line activated with Frogfoot/Vox. Must be honest I was expecting a better ping? This was sent to me by my wife I havent checked myself yet will check when home. Is this something that will improve?
Should be between 10 and 15ms

Retro1337

yep not sure what's happening some days we are on the lower latency route and some days we aren't, but atleast its been stable.

powermzii

Expert Member
Is this wifi or wired lan?

StangV2_0

This was on wifi. Changed to network cable and removed wifi Dongle from PC. Been checking now for last hour or so. Has dropped to 23 in speedtest. If Ibopen Cmd and ping.google.co.za -t it hovers around 40ms.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
Looks like I have the same line as you (20Mbps) and I am also on Frogfoot/Vox. My current stats are as follows:

speedtest.JPG

I intend getting off Frogfoot though when my installation deal has completed in June 2021. They were so badly up and down about 2 months ago! Stablised now, but it has left a sour taste with the experience.

Leno

Expert Member
This was on wifi. Changed to network cable and removed wifi Dongle from PC. Been checking now for last hour or so. Has dropped to 23 in speedtest. If Ibopen Cmd and ping.google.co.za -t it hovers around 40ms.

Google doesn't have much presence in CT, I rather ping 1.1.1.1 which is mostly up in CT (sometimes routes to JHB)

Convex

Hi ****
We have Axxellent news!

Due to the extensive lockdown and the success of the Free Fibre Speed Upgrade promotion;

Axxess, in partnership with Frogfoot would like to extend the promotion for the foreseeable future and will re-evaluate on a monthly basis.

Kindly note that this speed upgrade still excludes clients in George and Port Elizabeth unfortunately (refer to previous Notification below)

We hope that this extension continues to give you the benefit to experience faster, more reliable connectivity to work and learn from home.

Enjoy the increased speeds and stay safe!

Yours Sincerely,
Axxess

Got this email today. Nice of Axxess to remind me that the promotion is still going and that im still excluded.....
Funny how Afrihost has managed to double the speed in PE but Axxess cant.